With that being said, it would be a lie if I even tried to pretend that being a mother isn't the biggest part of my identity right now. Some people would say this is wrong or not what they would want. I don't mind, but for me, it feels right. I know it is all I have ever wanted. Every part of me loves being a Mother. Sure there are times when it is hard. I do feel tired - I have dark circles under my eyes to prove it! I know how truly blessed we are though. I know without a doubt I will look back on this time as my absolute favorite, and I want to relish in it all!
Mother's Day is special. It's special because I have one of the very best Mothers around. My mom has always been someone who I love to laugh with. Someone's advice I appreciate above all others. Someone I strive to be like. She is generous with her time and her talents. She believes if you are going to do something you should do it well. She is a good friend. I don't ever want to take her for granted. Before much of our house was awake, I went running with a friend. Her Mother passed away in October. I wasn't sure if I should even acknowledge Mother's day to her. She made me think about how wishing my mom Happy Mother's Day on social media was silly when I was going to be with her that very day. I thought about how hurtful this might feel to those who don't have their mothers. Eventually, we talked about it on our run. You know what she said was the most hurtful - when people have their mothers here, and they don't appreciate it. They take it for granted. Wow - powerful words.
Mother's Day is special because the little people in this house are so incredibly special to me. They are getting old enough to actually plan and implement their ideas for how we should celebrate. Madelyn headed up the crew and shut herself in her room with Casey and James and crafted away. Later she told me they took my phone and got on Pinterest for ideas. My heart melts just thinking about their thoughtfulness.
Homemade cards are the best cards. James made me a plate too. I remember making a plate just like this in preschool too.
James completed this for me too!
So grateful for the thoughtfulness.
They were so excited to give me their gifts.
After going to church, we headed to Janesville for our annual trip to the nail salon.
Madelyn, especially, adores this tradition.
It was a gorgeous day!

No comments:
Post a Comment