I guess one could blog about whatever they wanted, right? I am certain there are blog posts about everything under the sun. When I started this blog it was to chronicle our family's story. Our fun. My thoughts. Our experiences. I started it shortly after we got married. I actually remember a time when I had to think about whether I had anything to share in a weekly post. It makes me wonder if I was less inspired. Less creative. Or maybe the fun I was having was the kind you don't necessarily want to write about. Ha! Just kidding. Sort of!
Regardless, I feel like I can't possible keep up now. Everyday, well nearly everyday, feels picture worthy. There's a story to tell and a moment I want to freeze in my mind forever. I am doing my very best. (Dear Caroline - please know I am snuggling you and saying how you are the very best baby every instead of writing on here! I constantly feel guilty that your first year isn't chronicled in the same detailed manner as your siblings!)
Here's a down and dirty update of a few of the things we've been up to!
Madelyn, my Mom, and I went to see Beauty and the Beast at the Fireside Theatre in Fort Atkinson. It was awesome. We had dinner together and then watched the show. I had been to the theatre as a child with my parents - I specifically remember watching Sound of Music and that we roasted little wieners and cheese over a sterno inside of a cabbage! I loved sharing this experience with both Madelyn and my mom! As the show was ending, Madelyn was singing along, "Tale as Old as Time." Be Still My Heart. Everyday she does something or says something that makes her feel older and older to me. Moments like these are so special.
I adore my days home with Caroline. I have said it so many times. She is the sweetest, happiest, easiest baby there is. Her bright blue eyes dance when you talk to her. She loves, "If you're Happy and You Know It." She plays peek a boo and cracks up laughing. Bouncy in her jumperoo is a favorite. I feel like a blinked and these last 8 months have flown by. I think I will be forever grateful she was given to us!
I chaperoned the 1st grade field trip to Miller Park. I love seeing Madelyn be silly!
Madelyn and her buddy Macy
So much fun!
Caroline is enjoying riding in the BOB without her infant car seat! This was her inaugural spin, I believe!
First bath without the infant tub! Caroline is following in her brother's and sister's footsteps and loving the water! Of course Madelyn and James who often shower now were eager to take a bath again! My heart couldn't be happier!
Babies love paper!
Caroline has accompanied me on every trip to get my hair done since she was born. I can't decide if it's because she is such a good little baby that I don't mind bringing her one bit, or if it's because one child feels so easy when you are used to three! This is a prime example of things I swore I'd never do before I had kids!
James is my little monkey for sure! He is constantly jumping on furniture (which is driving me crazy)! He really wanted me to take this photo of him! I think he's a little bored. He loves school and playdates. Being home with me when we are stuck in the house is not as fun as it once was. I feel a combination of wanting him to spend his days at school and not wanting to rush him into growing up on me!
Monkey see, Monkey do!
Playing Headbandz and Quixels. As summer nears, I love being outside and being active. I am hoping I can balance it with our time at home too. Because some of the best things happen when I don't have an agenda. When I slow down and just play!
This picture makes me feel strong! Women are powerful! I had just finished at the gym and Caroline was ready to eat!
Caroline enjoyed sitting on the counter and watching all the action for a few months. She's already too big to do this safely. Madelyn often hops in the photo when I pull out my phone to take a picture of Caroline. I feel inclined to mention that James isn't purposely left out. I just don't think he was around! Love love love that I have two girls and a little boy! Couldn't have worked out better!


No comments:
Post a Comment