You are 7 months old already. My how time flies. Let me tell you about your perfect little self!
Perfection! This might be my all time favorite photo of you to date!
- Because you are a sturdy sitter, you have moved into the big bathtub and can take baths without your siblings, which I think you definitely appreciate! They definitely want to take a bath with you still. Sorry sweet girl, I promise I am telling them to stop constantly dumping water over your head! You really are a little doll to them. You love bath time though and in between their 'playing' with you, you splash your hands and play with all of the toys!
- You are eating more and more foods. We are combining approaches from baby lead weaning with the traditional homemade baby foods. Your favorites so far have been feeding yourself cauliflower, broccoli, zucchini, and sweet potatoes. You really have enjoyed a butternut squash and lentil puree I made. The store bought organic unsweetened apple sauce must be no good. You grimace eating it! You really haven't warmed up to the baby cereal either. The ultimate worst thing I put in your mouth is the iron supplements. I can't blame you there. It's horrible!
- You continue to be the most content baby. I often remark how incredibly flexible you really are. Sunday in church you were squirming in my arms, and I was working to keep you entertained. It was time to eat. You needed a nap and a diaper change (I should have listened to James when he said you stunk!). Anyhow, numerous people came up to me afterward and commented how you were just the happiest baby in church. I thought if they only knew how really happy you could be! When possible, you like to nap every 2 hours and nurse every 3-4. I try to make sure you eat food a least once a day. 2-3 times if we're really organized. I'd feel badly about this, but the arm rolls of fat that are spilling on top of your wrists suggest you are doing just fine my chunky girl!
- I pulled out a lot of new toys for you in the last week or so. You like the piano, Little People Barn, and blocks. You mostly like anything you can shove in your mouth.
- You started holding your own bottle this week (according to Papa!).
- You played in the swings at Altius and rolled around on the mats. Papa said you were squealing and entertaining all the parents!
- During dinner, you love to scream and get everyone's attention all on you. Tonight I was trying to help James with his homework while you sat in the bumbo watching us and eating. You were 'talking' so much I could hardly hear James!
- You love laying on your changing table still and laugh and laugh when I kiss and tickle you.
- I sing to you every night and you hold your little elephant lovey. You are getting pretty good at popping a pacifier in and out of your mouth on your own. You will suck your thumb too.
- You have your two bottom teeth. I think they hurt coming in. I'm not looking forward to you feeling the others come in. :(
- I really think you are the most perfect baby, except - you STILL have not slept through the night since the few 6 hour stretches you did as a 2 month old. In fact last night, you would not go back in your pack in play after waking up around 11:30. I tried numerous times. You have this moaning cry that sounds so pathetic and sad. Finally I caved. You cozied right up with me and we slept together until 8am today. I hope this isn't a terrible habit to break. In one breath, I love snuggling you, yet, I'm ready to not be so foggy anymore also! Mama needs more sleep.
Caroline I can't even begin to explain to you how much you truly are loved. You receive more kisses than one could even count. Madelyn and James both give you so much attention and love. They are always willing to help me with you. You are the greatest gift!
All my love,
Mommy
Look at how you've grown!
You are just so darn precious to me!
I had my phone out to take a picture of you and Marley. Madelyn hopped into the picture and I quickly got James in close too. Bam! A picture of my heart. I am so so blessed.
I asked James to play with you while I quickly cleaned the bathroom. He is always eager to climb in the pack in play!
I think James took this photo for Papa. It's a little blurry, but I love it anyway. My dad started playing school with Madelyn and Mr. Bear when Madelyn was a tiny little. He's still playing it nearly 7 years later. Madelyn now likes to be the teacher and goes by Ms. Hopper. Her lessons are remarkably similar to her teachers.
Big enough to ride in the grocery cart. Woodman's has quite the people watching scene going on, doesn't it Caroline?
Madelyn was showing you the crown James made at a birthday party!







No comments:
Post a Comment