Officially a 5 month old!
Tummy time is okay if you entertain me!
Future book worm!
Trying cereal for the first time
James helps feed you for the first time!
Madelyn feeds you for the first time!
Caroline's first bites. I dare you not to laugh! Awe sweet baby girl!
James loves loves loves you. He gives you kisses all of the time and I am constantly reminding him that you'd prefer he talk to you than hug you.
Madelyn asks to hold you almost every day and wants to be more and more independent carrying you. We prefer her to be seated. (She other posts regarding her grace.)
My three babies!
Sleeping thru the Home Depot Build class. You fell asleep while the class was going on. You amaze me!
First time riding in the stroller like a big girl! I love how James is looking at you so adoringly!
People always say you look like Daddy. How could I argue? Same expression here!
Note the feet rubbing together!
Swoon!
Selfie with mommy! (Note the raccoon eyes. You are WORTH IT!)
You look like a doll! Perfection!
Dear Caroline,
I hope these pictures showcase the happy, loved baby that you are! As a five month old you became more and more interested in playing with your toys. Tummy time is not your favorite time, but the doctor is always impressed with your skills. The highlight of this month was you starting to eat! Madelyn and James begged and begged for you to eat. You would watch us at supper time and you had grabbed a fist full of food a few times - once at Madelyn's Talent Show! Yet when the big day came (you were 5.5 mos), you did not think baby cereal tasted very good at all! In fact, I adore the video of you trying it for the first time. It encapsulates your personality to a T! You are completely disgusted by it, yet you are trying to smile!
You are still not a very good sleeper at night, but you started laying down on your own and falling asleep for naps and bedtime! We never had to cry it out! Wa-hoo! I give you your lovey and a pacifier and sing you a song. I lay you down, and if you roll onto your side, I'm golden. You are out! You will nap anywhere from 45 minutes to 2 hours. I'm so thankful you are doing so well in this department! You also are incredible flexible. You'll sleep in the car. You'll fall asleep at a Home Depot class where everyone is pounding away with hammers. You have slept thru swim practice, preschool pickups and church.
Now at night - this is an area for you to improve little lady! You usually go to sleep around 7. You wake up again between 10-11 and then again around 2 and finally again between 5-7. I just read your brother's blog post from this age and he was doing the same thing! The Murray babies don't seem to sleep thru the night until 9 months (fingers crossed)! Honestly I'm not that frustrated. Coffee is my friend. I usually don't feel too exhausted either. I do have black bags under my eyes and my memory is less than stellar, so anytime you want to sleep thru the night. I'm on board! :) You sleep with me a lot, and I'd be lying if I didn't explain it as a love/hate relationship. I love snuggling you. I love seeing your little head propped on my arm when I wake up. Those cheeks. Oh my those cheeks. You have bright blue eyes too, and your hair continues to lighten up. You are a beautiful little girl in my completely unbiased opinion. I spend a lot of time starting at you, and I adore how you look right back up at me. You love to grab my face and mouth. You went thru a period of grabbing the skin on my chest while nursing too. Ouch! You are completely happy letting others hold you, until I walk by. You'll gentle complain until I come grab you. And they say, "Not fair!" You are by far the most excited to see me when I come home from work. You squeal and kick your legs. My heart explodes!
You have this funny habit of rubbing your feet together. You do this when you are upset, but also just when you are being held. Nana informed me that this is very normal (she consulted Google). I was never concerned. Other than the fact, it's ridiculously hard to keep socks on you, it seemed like no big deal to me!
You love your bottles and everyone says you complain if you get shorted. Even when you don't get shorted, you sometimes cry for more. I'm told it's short lived and it's in part that you are so comfy and dreamy while eating you hate for it to end. Papa says he'd take you in a bottle race any day. Baby girl can pound it!
Caroline I couldn't ask for anything more in my third and final baby. You are the greatest gift! We love you to the moon and back sweet Caroline!
Love,
Mom







No comments:
Post a Comment