Lilacs are my favorite and you, Caroline, at one of my most very favorite ages.
This little face is so perfect to me. Caroline you are so beautiful. You have bright blue eyes and cheeks that are so kissable. Your little smile warms my heart every single day.
No sensory aversions here. You think grass is great. I have pulled it out of your mouth numerous times.
You think balloons are amazing.
You got your first sickness at 8 months. You ran a fever for three days. I took you into the doctor, and she said you were starting an ear infection. James and Madelyn had a bad bout of something nasty (maybe strep? maybe not?) prior. I was so excited that you finally slept thru the night just before this....I wasn't so excited when I found out the reason was you were sick. You really were a trooper for not feeling well. You were just a sleepy baby.
Smiling but your eyes were still pretty goopy.
You smile on cue. Whenever I pull out the camera and say your name you flash the biggest grin!
Dear Caroline,
I don't know how 8 months flew by so quickly. I can't emphasis enough what an amazing baby you are. You are happy, beautiful, and smart. You love to watch your brother and sister. You are an eating champion. The only food you haven't liked is bananas. You eat EVERYTHING! You are just starting to move around on your belly. I found you sitting in your crib after nap time! You play with your toys. You like touch and feel books (but that's about it for reading). You cuddle stuffed animals and love sleeping with your lovey blankets. I don't know if there ever has been a more loved baby! Your day is filled with hugs and kisses. You have four teeth and you barely complained at all while they cut thru! You love jumping in your jumper and are really getting 'air'! You nurse well but insist on grabbing the skin off my chest, sticking your fingers in my mouth, and grabbing my nose with those little claws!!
Caroline you complete our family in the most perfect of ways. You bring me joy every single day. I still look at you in amazement and disbelief that you are here. You are so, so easy to fall in love with. You are what moms dream of! At bedtime, you cuddle for a few minutes and then go to sleep on your own. At playtime, you love playing with me and your brother and sister (who 95% of the time play with you eagerly!), but you will play on your own too! You eat well. Smile big. Travel easily.
Caroline, you are the greatest gift! I think God everyday for giving us you!
I love you to the moon and back, Sweet sweet Caroline!
Love,
Mommy

No comments:
Post a Comment