Thursday, August 31, 2017

Caroline is 10 months old (August 3rd)

My sweet Caroline,
You are 10 months old already.  This was such a fun and busy month for you!  You were a baby on the move - learning to stand on your own, walk behind a toy, and cruise along furniture.  You were busy playing all around Milwaukee too! You jabber up a storm and say mama, dada, and lots of other things that we like to think are words!  You just started pointing and when you are really excited you kick both legs and give the double point! You love to eat.  Whenever dad is snacking you find him in the house and beg as bad as the dog.  

This little car.  I don't know who loves it more.  You riding in it?  Or your brother and sister pushing you around in it? You are so so proud sitting behind the wheel.  You hop up and down with excitement.  One day when I took you into the house, James and Madelyn were still outside.  You cried and were trying to throw your body back into the garage.

You love standing and looking out this window.
I love your expression.  "What?  Can't I play with toilet paper?"  You also will splash in the toilet if I don't remember to keep all the lids closed.
Still loving the pool!!

You are a riot with this toy.  You learned how to stand behind it with a little help from Madelyn.  At first you wobbled behind it like a drunken sailor, but now, you whip that toy around.  You speed from one side of the room to the other.  If you crash into something, you tug it into a new position and off you go!
Watching the sea lion show at State Fair with Nana.  You were such a trooper this day.  We had been at VBS all morning (no morning nap for you) so you napped briefly in the stroller and managed to enjoy yourself at the fair, still!
All smiles behind that pacifier!
The teenagers at VBS loved you up all week! They made you your own VBS tye-dye that mom cut into a cape to go along with the theme Super Loved.  Man oh man, are you super loved, little girl!

One morning before we headed to church.  On this day, Pastor Chris' family sat behind us and entertained you the entire time! You are such a friendly little girl.  You flash your beautiful smile often and to everyone.  You still let mommy's friends hold you even if you don't know them!

Officially 10 months old on this day!  You are barely fitting into some of your 18 mos clothes.  Like this shirt!

Mom needs new headbands for you.  Most of the elastic ones look pretty uncomfortable and you pull them off almost immediately.  I don't blame ya!
Not so into today's photo shoot.
Madelyn and James want to jump into photos with you all the time.  You. Were. Done!
You finally have a crib!  We had one in the basement since before you were born.  I wasn't sure where I wanted it to go and you were sleeping fine in the pack n play.  Daddy felt strongly that you needed a crib!  He sanded and painted this one just for you.  You moved into James' room, officially! Madelyn was pretty bummed, but we assured her, once you are in a big girl bed, you can bunk up with her!
Everyone had to try out the new crib.  Why, you ask! Who knows!
You are an excellent napper ~ you take two naps a day from 1.5-3 hours.  I've never had a baby dive out of my arms to lay down when it's time to sleep, but you do!  You sleep all night long most of the time.  If not, you wake up and have a quick visit with mom (and a little nursing) and you're back to bed! You like sleeping with your little feet crossed and your tush up in the air.

Hiding under the table is a favorite game!
Playing in a box!  You crawled right in!
I had the pillows on the floor to make the bed and you thought it was great fun to crawl over them!
A sweet moment with Daddy.  You went to your first wedding - my cousin Jessica and Brian.  Once again, you were such a trooper!
I brought you into the restaurant section of the reception venue as I was told it was a 'private' place I could nurse.  You were way too distracted and much more interested in playing.  This is sort of how nursing is going.  If it's calm and quiet, you nurse well.  If anything at all is going on around you, you can't be taken away from the fun!
All dressed up!
So grateful for my family!
Pony ride at Green Meadows (Your second time this summer!)
Playing at Green Meadows
We took a day trip to Sheboygan and Green Bay.  You were pretty pumped to check out Winnie the Pooh's tree house at Bookworm Gardens.  It was such a fun place to check out.  I can't believe this was our first trip there.  
I hadn't planned for you to ride any rides at Bay Beach but as I was taking James around, I thought, "I bet Caroline could do this!"  You thought it was so much fun. I love this picture of James and you.  I don't know if I can ever adequately explain your brother's and sister's love for you.  Both Madelyn and James adore you.  This picture touches my heart though because James can be wild and reckless at times, but he also has the softest, most gentle, caring heart....especially for you.  You are so lucky to grow up with him because I know he will always look out for his sisters and he wants nothing more than you to be happy and safe. 
You bounced in Madelyn's lap for this boat ride with one hand on each steering wheel.  You cried when the ride was over.  Saying you loved it is a complete understatement!
Twinning with Madelyn.  Grandma took Madelyn and James back to school shopping to get some new clothes.  Madelyn was elated to find something in her size that was also in your size.  Madelyn is so incredibly helpful with you and so excited to see you grow and learn new things.  

This dress is a hand-me down from Madelyn.  I bought it on our trip to London when we visited Uncle Joe and Aunt Jessica.  I love you in it.  So stinkin cute.
Caroline you are the sweetest, most beautiful blessing.  You are all I could have ever hoped for and wanted in a third baby.  I love you with all my being.

Love, Mommy


















































No comments:

Post a Comment