You are 11 months old and are so much fun. Every day you show us something new. It's such an exciting time to watch you learn and grow.
The day before your 11 month birthday you signed 'more'. We had the Jastroch's and Pease's over and you were showing off your intense appetite! You were out of food and you screamed for attention and signed 'more'! Andrea, Kristin, and I all shouted in unison, "She just said more!" You continue to grunt for food too, though!
You started taking steps! You have been standing up from the ground and squatting down for a few weeks now. Then one day, you, ever so carefully, started with just one step. Madelyn was playing with you in the kitchen, and I was cooking. You girls were pushing your shopping cart and filling it with spices from the drawer next to me. Madelyn said, "Mom, Caroline just took a step!" I looked down and a few minutes later you did it again! The next day, you took 6 steps in a row!
Madelyn and James were both so proud of you! Madelyn was enticing you with a stuffed doggy that you were just loving up on! The next day, Grandma came to watch you. James and I were laying in bed together and James wanted to come down right away to tell Grandma about your 6 steps!
You are loving playing with your farm and animals, reading touch and feel books, pushing your walking toys/shopping cart, swinging at the park, and climbing on the play structure at the park!
You had your first day home with mom when Madelyn and James were both at school all day. I really loved having a quiet house to focus entirely on you! I'm so excited to get this special time with you and I. Caroline I don't think you'll ever know the amount of love in my heart for you my sweet baby girl.
Other details about you!
- Food is your favorite! You love everything, and we are constantly impressed by all that goes in! Last night you must have had three scrambled eggs! You ate all of yours and then your brother's too!
- You nurse 3-4 times during the day and maybe once during the night. Sometimes you are interested and sometimes you are not. I haven't exactly decided when I'll wean you completely but I'm counting down the days left of pumping at work!
- You usually sleep thru the night. The last two days you haven't wanted to nap which is highly unlike you. I often say, "I've never met a baby who squeals and kicks her legs in excitement when it's time to sleep. However, I'm starting to think you're excited to see your blankie and pacifier." Today you fell asleep with me rocking you. That hasn't happened in a LONG time. I loved every snuggle you gave me.
- Speaking of snuggles, you frequently crawl into my lap when I sit on the floor with you. Swoon.
- You love your daddy.
- You are a friendly little girl. You aren't afraid of strangers. Today you came with me to get my hair done. One of the stylists was mixing up color with his back to you. He had already talked to you numerous times, but you wanted his attention. You were grunting and making noise. I knew exactly what you were doing trying to get his attention. He continued with his business. You took your pacifier out of your mouth and whipped it on the ground. I am positive you were thinking that would get him over. Unfortunately, it did not. Then mom was stuck with her hair in the sink processing, you on my lap crying, and the pacifier on the ground.
Officially 11 months old!
You are so beautiful, baby girl!
Picnicking with your cousin Olivia
Cousins at Little America
Swimming with dad!
Your first craft!
First full day at home with Mom while James and Madelyn both are at full day school!
It has been beautiful! We went on a walk along the bike path.
You have really been into Marley. He really likes you (you eat a lot)! You tried to crawl over him the other day and got stuck. Your feet and arms were both in the air and your belly was on him!
Playing like a big kid at the park!
You think you are pretty cool!
More park time!
You are really into emptying out containers and then putting everything back in. These puppets at the library are great!
You're the very sweetest, Caroline. I always knew you'd make my heart burst with joy and love. I want to burn these sweet snuggles into my memory forever. I hope I can always remember this incredible time with you! I love you to the moon and back.

No comments:
Post a Comment