Dear Caroline,
Yesterday, we celebrated your first birthday and tomorrow you officially turn one. It has hands down been the fastest year of my life and more wonderful than I can ever explain to you here. You are the one of the most joyful aspects in my life right now. Last year, we weren't sure what it was going to feel like to have a 6 and 4 year old and a brand new baby. One thing I did know with complete and utter certainty, was that you would bring us so much happiness. I didn't know if it would feel hard too, though. You are hands down our easiest baby and THE most wonderful blessing. You have lived up to every aspect of your name. You are the sweetest. Just like the song, Sweet Caroline, brings out smiles, dancing, and celebration whenever it is played. You have made our life that much happier. I thank God every day that I get to be your mother.
We have spent the last year calling you our Care Bear, so I Teddy Bear's Picnic seemed like the perfect fit!
Nana and Papa are two of your biggest fans. You are so lucky to get to spend three days a week in their care while Mom and Dad go to work.
Nana and I are loving having a little girl to dress who doesn't have a fashion opinion of her own....yet.
Grandpa was here to celebrate with you too!
You weren't really having your photo shoot, unfortunately. But I love these photos all the same~ You don't know it now, but we are so fortunate to have your Great Grandparents here to celebrate with us. At 87 and 85 years young, we are blessed.
So special.
We love you so much Care Bear. Celebrating you was so much fun!
Aunt Jessica made you a special banner! "Caroline is 1!" It was adorable!
Mums, Teddy bears, and picnic baskets filled with Teddy Grahams rounded out the decor!
Playing with your cousin Olivia and cousin Betty were highlights for you! I wish you saw them more. (The Miller Lite in the background cracks me up. These are retro cans. You probably could find the exact photo from my childhood!)
Betty and Amanda were here to celebrate with you!
Bear print cookies!
Your smash cake!
Your birthday cake was from Pick and Save and DELICIOUS!
Your favorite toy right now!
Checking out your own cake! Ears and all!
You knew what to do! I have to say you loved your cake more than your siblings when they turned 1.
I undressed you and took your high chair outside. However, you really didn't get that messy. I have to say that the fact that you've been feeding yourself all along made you well prepared for this big moment! Ha!
A lot of your friends also happen to be James' and Madelyn's friends. The big kids had so much fun bouncing and chasing each other around with Nerf guns!
You love the giant bear you got from Aunt Nicole and Uncle Matt. You belly flop onto it and snuggle in!
Getting ready to flop!
Caroline you are so loved!
Fun facts about your one year old self!
- You love walking around. You are taking 5-10 steps before deciding to crawl.
- You get very upset if you fall or bump your head. I think it hurts your ego as much as it hurts as a bump!
- You imitate a duck's quack when we ask you what the duck says. You match intonation for other words too.
- You have a few words: All done, more (signing - you rapidly move your hands together and often grunt too), Mama, Dada - You are so smart!!
- You are understanding so much - it's so fun to say something to you and see you know what it means. You dance on command, clap your hands when I sing "Happy and You know it", give high fives when asked, you know your siblings names.
- The other night we watched Madelyn at swim practice. She was in a suit and swim cap. I was unsure if you could tell which one she was. You'd smile and laugh as she swam closer to us. Madelyn would smile back. It was so cute.
- You are starting to become opinined. You don't like it when your brother and sister haul you around. James fell asleep on your new big bear after the party. You went over and tried to yank it out from under his head.
- You love putting things in and out. You play with the laundry and put in the dryer and out of the dryer.
- You love putting things in and out. You play with the laundry and put in the dryer and out of the dryer.
- You still love bath time!
- You don't like having your diaper changed much.
- You love eating and begging for more.
- You adore your daddy and crawl over to him immediately when he gets home from work. I tease it's because he's always snacking and gives you treats.
- You are a great sleeper for nap time although lately you've refused a few naps!
- When I put you in your sleep sack, give you your blankie and pacifier, and sing you your special song (I love you.), you immediately lay your head on my shoulder and my heart melts.
- You have 8 teeth but I think you are getting a moler now too.
- You are nursing still and taking a bottle, but all things about you indicate you'll love whole milk too!
I love you to the moon and back, my sweet girl. I wish I could slow down time. I want to freeze your chubby little cheeks and thighs into my memory. I look forward to all the wonderful memories the next year will bring!
Love,
Mommy
Mommy

No comments:
Post a Comment