Sunday, July 5, 2009

Where did June go??


It's with a multitude of emotions I begin writing this evening. I'm sadden and disappointed that I've already missed a week (or is it two weeks?) worth of postings :( I'm overwhelmed with the amount of activities and experiences that have taken place over the last few weeks that I want to write about! And I'm overjoyed with the news that we received this weekend! But I can't rush into that, I'm still two weeks behind schedule. So let's get up to pace with a quick look at the end of June!

Casey and I closed out June 2009 with attending the Strawberry Festival in Cedarburg - I have gotten to know the city fairly well having worked there the past four summers. It is a quaint little town with a charming downtown area - speciality shops galore. The streets were closed and lined with booths selling food and crafts. We found a birthday gift for our niece Addison - a CD with her name inserted into 5 of the 10 songs! Every 3 year old's dream - or so we hope. Supposedly the songs are parent friendly - I'm sure Jenny and Danny will let us know if they are not! We partook in the strawberry wine that is made at the local winery. It is quite similar tasting to a wine cooler but when in Rome.....





We searched high and low for the Strawberry bratwurst. I was amazed with how badly I wanted Casey to have the experience despite how normally I would discourage meat consumption! Casey had read about it in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel and they almost made it sound like it was THE main event. Much to my disappointment for Casey, we never found it. We heard others asking for directions for it's location with no luck as well. We did locate the sign saying it was the home of the "Original Strawberry Bratwurst". Hmmmm......I'm claiming false advertising!

No comments:

Post a Comment