It was the most exciting 4th of July that I've ever experienced! Casey and I made the trip to Indiana with my parents, Marley and Mayzie. We arrived late Thursday night and went to bed practically immediately at our hotel.
Friday morning I wanted to take a pregnancy test before enjoying any adult beverages. I really did not think I was pregnant because I had probably taken 10 tests in the last 6 mos that have all been negative. I had just tested on Wednesday morning, but I wanted to make sure. Casey and I had started trying for a baby in May after six months of tracking and charting my cycle. I was discouraged because my cycle was VERY irregular and I was not certain that I was ovulating. I even made a doctor's appointment for the end of July to discuss what was going on with my body. I was definitely expecting the test to be negative.
I headed over to Walmart on foot and purchased a Digital Clearbule pregnancy test. My dad had already called and asked when he could pick us up to join the family at Uncle Bill's lake house. I took the test while Casey and I discussed the similarities/differences of SunDrop and Diet SunDrop. I might as well have been brushing my teeth....oh wait, that's what he was doing! Then, before my eyes, the test read clearly, PREGNANT!! What!?! Really?!? Is this true? Did God answer our prayers so quickly? I thought I better use the other test immediately, just to make sure no one was playing a cruel trick on me. Sure enough....same results.....Pregnant! Pregnant, I'm pregnant. It still hasn't sunk in completely. I'm excited and surprised. I'm still having trouble believing it's true. Really in 9months, we'll have a baby. Our. Own. Baby!
Because becoming pregnant had been on my mind for months, I had been plotting creative ways to tell our parents, yet now here we are pregnant, and away from home with my dad sitting in the hotel parking lot waiting for us to come down! We thought fast! Back to Walmart! We came up with a plan to tell my dad that we forgot a ball for Marley and needed to stop to pick one up. He waited patiently in the car while we perused through the store. We found a "I love my Grandma" bib....I still feel badly that they were sold out of the Grandpa bibs....a blue bag, and pink tissue paper.
When we arrived at Uncle Bill's, my parents hopped on their bikes for a short ride. Casey was so excited he had already called his sister and was dying to keep sharing the news. As soon as my parents were off their bikes, we handed them their gift. They were onto us immediately. My mom commented on the pink and blue bag. She pulled out the bib and burst into tears of joy! My dad gave me a huge hug! I thought we would be surprising them entirely. My migraine headache earlier in the week made them suspicious as did my need to pee on the trip down. I still chuckle about the having to pee part.....It didn't make me think I was pregnant!
We had such a great weekend of sharing our news with our family and our friends. We sat in the sun on Friday (sadly it was pretty icky weather on the 4th), boated, hiked, played lots of dominoes, cards, bags, watched amazing fireworks and did lots of laughing. It was so fun to share our news in such a fun environment with people whom we love so dearly.
To my little poppy seed sized baby.....your mommy loves you already. I've wanted my whole life to be your mother. I asked God for you and he answered. I will continue to ask Him to give me strength, to help you grow, and to watch over you, your mommy and daddy. You've only been in my tummy for a little over 4 weeks by my calculation (which is really only 2 wks), but already you have everyone so excited about your arrival. I truly believe you are a miracle. God is letting us embark on the greatest journey of life. He is letting us be your parents. I already feel greatly blessed.

No comments:
Post a Comment