Poor Audra! She was hurt in a terrible water skiing accident. She shattered her tibia, dislocated her knee, and tore her PCL, medial meniscus and biceps tendons.
Audra has been tremendously positive, strong, and full of hope as she faced two surgeries and a long road to recovery. Unfortunately, her doctors think it will be 2-3 months before she is on crutches and anticipate about a year of physical therapy. They do not know Audra though, they do not know her determination, her competitive nature, her will. This accident was a reminder of how some people refuse to fall down, they will hurt, they will cry, but they will not be defeated. Audra is one of these people.
I visited Audra on Monday night and brought her a dammit doll. My mom sewed two upholstery pieces together to form the body, added yellow fringe for the hair, blue buttons for the eyes, and red rosy lips. I created a personal poem for Audra instructing her how to use the dammit doll to release some of her frustrations and pain during recovery. It was fun to give it to her; however, I wish she didn't need it. Audra was grateful and touched. She said it is something she will always cherish. I hope it will help her some in her journey. You're in my prayers Audra!!

No comments:
Post a Comment