No not really, I actually really enjoy Chicago. I think it is a city that has so much to offer - amazing restaurants, the lake, superb shopping, parks, charming neighborhoods to explore, my brother, and many, many of my friends. I lost another one to The Windy city this weekend. My friend Erinn packed up her apartment where she resided the past 2 years (which is conveniently located six blocks from our condo) to head to Chicago embarking on the next chapter of her life and relationship with Artie. Erinn is one of my close friends, and was my best friend here in Milwaukee. I feel that I am partly responsible for her move here. I told her of how great working for Milwaukee Public Schools is, how much she could learn and expand her skills, and how rewarding the experience is - she bit hook, line, and sinker!
Erinn is the kind of person that everyone loves. She is so positive! The girl really doesn't complain, she loves life, adventure, fun, and laughter. She shared so much with me while she was here. She is someone who understands my job perfectly, someone I could go to for advice, vent to about frustrations, and someone who could relate to every high and low! We discussed evaluations, therapy, coworkers, you name it.
Erinn was my running partner. Erinn and I trained for the 2008 Madison Marathon together. We were each other's motivation to crawl out of bed at 5:15 am on Tuesday and Friday mornings to go run 5 miles before work. We talked the entire run.....or should I say I chatted non-stop! I would have never done these runs with out you Erinn! Thank you!


Erinn is a friend who is dependable, reliable, and caring. She shared in the most exciting times and listened during the harder ones that occurred in the last two years of my life. She was the one I explored new restaurants with, the one I drank wine with, the one who kept me company when Casey was working in Oklahoma, the one who listened to every aspect of my wedding planning, the one who watched Road Rules/Real World challenges with me.
I'm sadden that it will be harder for us to get together and our friendship will not have the convenience of location any longer, but I am happy for her in the way she has always been happy for me. She is going to a city full of excitement, opportunity, and love. I know we will always have commonalities, always have laughter, we will always be friends.
Chrissy had a great party in Erinn's honor!! We celebrated with her Saturday night, and moved her out Sunday morning. I miss you already girl!!

No comments:
Post a Comment