I always love to look at my husband all dressed up. Unlike many wives who have the privilege of seeing their man in dress pants and a tie daily (and probably fantasize about what I see), Casey arrives home from work in mud covered boots, ripped jeans, and a sleeveless shirt (Remember the Pepsi commercial??)! I find him so handsome no matter how he is dressed, but it's fun to see him outside of the norm. I really watched Casey this weekend and thought about how lucky I am, how much I love this man, and how blessed I feel in life. It astounds me that there was a time in life when I was unsure if he was the man for me. I watched him. He made me laugh. He made me feel proud. He made me feel elated to know that our baby will have him as a father. Casey has an ease about him that makes everyone feel comfortable, myself included. Casey is real. He is not about pretense, or appearances, he is not about judging. He is a take it or leave it kind of guy. As we spent hours together in the car this weekend, there were times where our conversation seemed to go on and on and times where there was silence. It didn't matter though. When I'm with him, it just feels right. Hmmm......I digress.
Saturday we went to the Miller's in Mosinee for my godson, Carter's 2nd birthday party. Sadly my camera's battery died and I have very few pictures (2!!!) of all of the weekend's action. And action it was! Darcy and Ryan's house is definitely full of it. With three children 4 years old and younger there is always something going on! They invited neighbors, friends, and coworkers over to celebrate. In many ways Darcy and Ryan amaze me. They are a TEAM. They share in the responsibilities of running a household, making dinner, raising their children, and entertaining guests. The party was just another example of two people working with one goal. They execute things with precision. Not only was dinner served to the children (macaroni and cheese) and the adults (chicken and shrimp kabobs!) in a timely fashion, I don't think a dirty dish was every allowed to sit longer than 30 seconds. Their love for each other and their family was so easy to see. Casey and I left inspired in ways to raise our baby and future children.
The last stop for the weekend was in Janesville. I attended Jamie Luedtke's wedding shower. Jamie is soon to be a Murray as well....unfortunately there's no relation. I was so happy to be able to celebrate her and her upcoming wedding. Jamie's future mother in law threw her a party she was so deserving of. Jamie is a sweetheart. There's no other way to put it! She's fun, thoughtful, and unselfish. Jamie has been the complete opposite of a bridezilla. She has had many family members express opinions about how HER special day should be and she's had certain changes come along that were beyond her control. Yet she has rolled with the punches and made decisions that are good for her and Andy while considering other's ideals as well. I can not wait for Jamie and Andy's wedding. I hope it is everything they dream it will be and more.
Finally our weekend with blessed with time with many other friends: The Wixoms, Ashley Reid, Sarah Wiskie, and many others. There were five of us girls at the shower who had been married in the last year. Ashley shared her joy about Marty's possible new job and the move that may be in their future. I watched Dana glow in motherhood. I feel that this such a great time in life. I look at Casey and I and the happiness we have. I look to my friends who are thriving each in their own situation and way. Life IS good!
To my teeny tiny baby (you're only 3/4 inch big): Your father grounded you today. Sorry. The past few mornings you've taken a toll on your mommy's body and he doesn't like it much. Starting Thursday I have been exhausted. Let me say that again EXHAUSTED. I am taking two hour naps and going to bed at 8pm! Helping you grow is quite tiresome, but it is oh so worth it! The past two mornings I've woken up nauseous. I learned I need to eat breakfast immediately. As the day goes on I feel much better. I am someone who is used to feeling stellar ALL of the time. So while I think my symptoms are quite mild compared to some, it definitely is a difference. It makes me pleased in a way.....I feel like you are growing like you are supposed to. Just over two weeks until we get to hear your little heart beat. I can not wait. We love you already baby Murray!!

No comments:
Post a Comment