I love when my parents email me details of their day with the kids. Here's what I received this week.
From Papa: So James wanted to nap in Madelyn's bed, so I laid down next to him. He soon decided to get out of bed. I told him no he had to stay in bed. The battle was on, him trying to get out and I stop him. He would crawl over to me and say, "Papa it's not you fault." I would tell him, "I know it's not my fault." Finally we took to the stroller outside. He would say, "Where are we going?" I would say nothing. He would then say, "Hey I'm talking to you!" I finally got him to sit back, and he went to sleep. When he woke up he was happy to see me and gave me a hug and kiss goodbye.
From Nana: Another babysitting story: we went to the mall after school. I told Madelyn that we were only going to get something at one place so she could decide whether we were going to the bookstore, toy store or candy store. Her response, "I'll let J decide since he is the little one". Remember when we were concerned because Madelyn was so intent on controlling J and got so frustrated when J wouldn't do what she wanted? Now she is 180 degrees the other way. There are times when I am anticipating that she will get upset because J comes in and destroys what she is doing and she will just remark something like, "that's what 2 year olds do!". Amazing! She has gotten so easy going.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment