Sunday, November 30, 2014

Thanksgiving


We went to Janesville Thursday to celebrate Thanksgiving with my parents, grandparents, and Evenson side cousins.  That afternoon we headed over to Casey's parents to do it all over again with his siblings and their families.

 Thanksgiving food is the best.  I don't even eat turkey and manage to gorge myself!
 Madelyn wanted to be in front of the camera A LOT today.
How sweet are these two.
 Sitting by the fire and cheering on the Badger basketball team with two of my favorite girls.  I had the chance to catch up on some sleep and sit around.  Two things I don't do very often.  I can't tell you the last time that I slept until 10am.  I think it's been years!  I am beyond thankful for my parents.  It was the best.

Madelyn got a lot of hand me downs this weekend, including this Snow White dress.  Oh was she excited! Decorating the tree was another highlight.  Papa asked her to 'pop a hip' right as I was taking this photo.  Silly girl.
Casey and the kids watched Home Alone.  It was the kids first time seeing the movie and they were enamored with it.  Watching them bust out laughing as the robbers were pranked was pretty entertaining.  Afterward, they had so much fun talking about their favorite parts.  "When the robbers were going down the zip line and the rope was cut and they smashed into the wall."  They reenacted it all for me. 
Home Alone faces
We decorated our tree.  Madelyn was bouncing around the house with excitement.  She hardly could contain herself.  "Let's do the ornaments now.  Let's do the candles.  Put the lights on mom.  I'll carry out the christmas tree for the porch!"  James wanted to help put his Ninja turtle ornament on the tree and that was about it.  He had just woken from a nap and didn't have the same enthusiasm for the decorating.  He hung a few ornaments to appease his sister.
Moxi the elf came back a few weeks, yes a few weeks, ago.  Which I had a very hard time getting on board with.  I'm getting into the holiday spirt now.  I've always thought one holiday at a time.  I don't like jumping over Thanksgiving. But now that Thanksgiving is in the books, bring on the Christmas Cheer!


No comments:

Post a Comment