Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Only child



For a few hours each week, James gets to be the only child, the focus of my undivided (well as much as anyone gets undivided) attention!  If there is one thing I feel guilty about more than anything, it's that the second born never gets to be the 'only'.  So James and I are eating up our one-on-one time!  Greendale, where Madelyn goes to school, is this cutesie little suburb with a charming downtown, hidden neighborhood trails, and abundant playgrounds.  We've had fun exploring.

 James is such a daredevil.  He's using the play structure to throw himself down the slide.


Love those baby blues!
Picnic lunch!  He looks like he's thinking up trouble!

James kissed his first little girl at the park.  I've gotten good at recognizing if he is going in for a kiss or a bite now, and thankfully the later seems to be decreasing.  It was so sweet though.  He eyed up this little girl, Elizabeth, whose brother is in Madelyn's class, while at preschool.  Then when both kids were on the slides, he leaned over and planted one on her.  I caught him kissing Madelyn's Cinderella barbie this week too.  This, combined with his love for Harper, makes me think he might be girl crazy already!

No comments:

Post a Comment