Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Chitown get away!

I spent my last weekend of summer vacation in Chicago with some dear friends.  On my drive down, I realized it was the first time in over a year that I had been away overnight from my babes.  I was ready for a little me time and laughter!

We headed out on the Penny Lane.  It was a beautiful day on a pretty incredible vessel!  God was smiling down on me.  With HIS blessing, a hearty dose of Dramamine, and a few craft beers, I was the only visitor to feel 100%!  I felt badly for the other ladies but was in complete disbelief that I wasn't sick.  It was a pretty enjoyable day for me!

That evening we met up with Lexi and saw her (and Josh's) new condo.  It was pretty impressive, to say the least!  I can't imagine city living like that, but they are so so happy!  

Meanwhile Casey had a great weekend with the kids.  I'm glad relieved ecstatic that he is back to a normal work schedule and is able to take a more active role with the kids.  I couldn't help but smile when I got this picture.
"Only two spilled drinks later, and we're all eating!"

No comments:

Post a Comment