We did what everyone is suppose to do Labor Day weekend! We took it easy!
Casey surprised me with 'Back to School' flowers. It was so sweet. I adore my time with my kids. In many ways, when I am home with them, I feel my best. Being a mom and spending day in and day out raising kids, can be tiring, but I was made for this job. It's the best job, and I feel so grateful that I get to spend so much time doing it. Transitioning back to school is hard. It's not that I dislike my job. In fact, I really like it. (I just like my other job better.) Working (outside my home) means there is more on my plate and less time for other things. The other day I was talking to someone about how lucky I am to work part time, although sometimes it feels like a full time job crammed into three days. She asked me which job I was referencing and concluded that I have two full time jobs. I laughed. She made me feel like it's okay if I get overwhelmed with them both! However, as September turns into October each year and I have a few weeks under my belt, I remember all the things I love about being a Speech Pathologist. I get to work with all of
these smiling, energetic kids. I get to see them grow and progress. I
get to see many of them no longer need me. It's rewarding and heart
filling.
I decided I have options. I can be bummed that I'm not at home everyday. I can live for the weekends and summer vacation. But if I do that, I am only wishing away time. Precious time. I vowed that I am going to take each day and appreciate what is right in front of me. I will appreciate the wonderful job I have. I will remember the supportive and concerned families who are looking to me for guidance and teaching. I smile, give hugs and high fives, share expectations, rules and reminders whether I am home or at school. So, I will embrace the moments I get with my kids, all my kids, each day whether it be 12 hours or 2 hours.
Here are the memories we made this weekend!
It was the 110th Anniversary of Harley Davidson in Milwaukee and the celebrations were everywhere. I believe there were 500,000 Harley riders in town. I've never been a fan of motorcycles (too dangerous!), but it was fun to see all of them. We walked with the kids to Hwy 45 overpass and watched them all go by!
We headed to the zoo and the kids pet stingrays.
We celebrated Haven's first birthday at her lemonade stand themed party.
And we tried out all of the goodies from the gift bag!






No comments:
Post a Comment