Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Madelyn goes to preschool!

 Today was Madelyn's 1st Day of preschool at Greendale Playschool.  Madelyn and I have talked about school a lot.  We were both excited.  She is academically ready.  She is socially ready.  Her school is filled with great toys and came highly recommended.  Heck, I got in line at 5 am to get her a spot!  However, I couldn't help but have a little feeling of loss of control.  I am not going to be there to monitor her actions (which I'm not too worried about) nor see what the other children are doing (I'm more worried about that!).  I want everyone to be as kind and thoughtful as my sweet little girl!
 

 
Madelyn told me I could take two pictures before we left.  I squeezed in a few more, and then we were off! Her two hour class was reduced to one hour today and parents were asked to stay the whole time.  Honestly, this made it so easy for Madelyn (and me!).
 Madelyn eagerly hung up her bag and headed into the classroom.  She played with the train table while I signed up to bring treats and to be a parent helper.  Madelyn did great and participated in the large group activities.  She caught on to the songs and sang right along.  I was proud of her!


Madelyn and Mrs. Johnson (her classroom teacher....exactly what you expect of a preschool teacher.  Very sweet.  High pitched voice.  Slow talker!)

No comments:

Post a Comment