Madelyn moved into the Eel swim class. This is significant for two reasons. 1. It is her first time taking ANY sort of class independently. 2. She skipped a level (per the parent/tot teacher recommendation!) and is the youngest (and only girl!) in her class!
Madelyn and I had talked at length about what was going to happen once she was in a class on her own. She's a momma's girl, and I wasn't sure how she'd do without me. I'm not sure why I worried at all. Madelyn did fantastic. The class started with a book, and the kids sat along the wall. Madelyn kept eyeing me. I know she was thinking, "What's going on? We never talked about this part and what the heck does this have to do with swimming?" But once they hit the water, she was all about swimming! She went 'swimming' off the wall once or twice and had to be reminded to hold on, and she requested to be first often! The teacher coined
her, 'Little Miss No Fear!' You've got her number Ms. Michelle!
The kids played, 'Chop chop timber' and had to pretend to be a tree. The teacher asked what kind of tree each child was. I waited curiously for what Madelyn would say. Had we ever talked about kinds of trees? She confidently replied, "I'm a mango tree!" That a girl! You be something unique.
In she goes!
March 1, 2013




No comments:
Post a Comment