There are so many milestones that occur as babyhood comes to an end and life as a toddler begins. Some of these milestones don't draw nearly as much attention as others, nor do they have as much emotion attached to them. I don't recall ever hearing anyone say, "I missed my baby put objects in a container for the first time. I'm so disappointed." But there are other milestones that make me look at my little guy and think, "You are further and further from being my little baby." Ugh. Pulls at my heartstrings. Yet, how can I not be so excited too! Typical development is a beautiful, amazing thing!
Jay is taking more and more steps independently each day. Everyone has had their own viewing of his 'first step'. Papa saw him move from the Lego table to the desk taking one independent step (3/6/13).
Just a few days later, I saw Jay take not 1, but 5 tiny little steps on his own. He was standing near the television facing the living room and starting making his way toward the coffee table. I was excited and cheering him on and counting out loud as he wobbled forward. Marley came bolting over as he was certain food was somehow involved. It's amazing how robotic and unnatural walking can look, yet in a few short months, he'll be running around like he's never not known how to do it!
As if walking isn't an indication on it's own of my little guy growing up, he got his first haircut too. I couldn't get over how he sat so grown up in th e lil Lightening McQueen car. He was so good as his baby fuzzy hair was clipped away.
The little fuzz head!
For how little hair he really has, it was amazing how she cut and cut....
And cut!
Such a big boy! It amazes me how easy going Jay really is. When I brought him back, the stylist said that we'd try him out in the car and attempt to put a cape on him. She said if he didn't do well, he could sit in my lap. I assured her, he'd do just fine. So far, my kids have been really great about new experiences.
March 3rd, 2013


No comments:
Post a Comment