Monday, August 2, 2010

Madelyn and Mommy






I don't know how many different ways to say it, so I think I'll just say it the same way over and over again. I hope I feel this way my entire life. I am SO LUCKY. I have had the best time with Madelyn over the course of the past 4 months. Last night I was talking with Casey telling how happy I am. I thanked him for all that he is doing for our family and told him how much I appreciate how tremendously hard he is working right now so that I can be home with Madelyn and work less. (Casey is putting in killer days and working Saturdays up in Oshkosh (READ: 3 hour daily commute). He would do this even if I was working full time. That's what kind of man he is....a hard working one!).

Madelyn and I are venturing out more and more as her napping schedule is becoming somewhat more predictable. However, for the most part, we spend our days together here in our condo. Just her and I. We go for walks. We play on the floor. We goo and gaa. We laugh together when neither of us are certain what we are laughing about. My heart loves in a way I never knew possible. I don't think you realize how much your parents love you until you have a child and you love them with that same amount of intensity. I love when she falls asleep in my arms. So peaceful. I hope I can always make her feel so safe and so loved.


No comments:

Post a Comment