Hmmm...back to the appointment update! I really like our pediatrician as she spends a great deal of time with me and talks about Madelyn's development and next steps in her care. Madelyn is growing really well....She is 25/12 inches long (85%ile), 14lbs 13oz (85%ile) and her head is 42 1/2 cm (no idea what %ile that is!). Based on these stats she's the size of a 5mos old! It's odd, but there is something so greatly satisfying about this. I can attribute all of her growth to my milk. It really is amazing. The doctor told me that we can start her on rice cereal, water or juice in a sippy cup, and vegetable and fruit purees. I can't believe it...how is she old enough for this!! The doc also recommended that I reintroduce dairy into my diet to see how Madelyn does. I had some real cheese last night....so good! And so far, I haven't noticed Madelyn having any trouble either! I've been reading my baby cookbooks during nap time today as I really would like to make all of my own baby food using fresh organic foods. I'm really pumped about this. I'm holding off grocery shopping until I can make it to the farmer's market this weekend. I'm all about buying healthy, locally grown foods.
After Madelyn's doctor's appointment, Erinn, Katey, and Leo came over for a visit. Erinn came up from Chicago to meet Madelyn and spend time with me. I miss having her nearby, and it was so great to have time to catch up. We had lunch together and chatted nonstop while Madelyn got some much needed rest. Katey is Erinn's sister ~ equally as sweet and fun as Erinn and I'm so happy I've gotten to know her. She had her little man Leo in November. Katey and I attended pre-natal palates together. She sold us on the idea of cloth diapers. Katey and I have a similar obsession with healthy eating and food. She is making all of Leo's food as well. It's so fun to hang out and talk shop!
We were discussing how the babes were "parallel playing" (this is what SLPs and a Kindergarten teacher do)! And just then we witness sharing! Joint play...haha!

No comments:
Post a Comment