Friday, July 9, 2010

Fourth of July!





For the past five years, we have spent the 4th of July in Indiana at my Uncle Bill's lake house and this year was no different. It was with a little anxiety and a great deal of excitement that I prepared our family for the 4 hour drive. It was our first family 'getaway', and it was much needed! I was worried about how Madelyn who do in the car though as even errands can be trying when she's hollaring her head off in the backseat.

The trip was great! Madelyn did so well in the car. She was awake almost the whole way there, and I entertained her nonstop! We did have to stop twice...once to soothe her to sleep (which lasted 30 minutes or so) and once so she could eat! I was so pleased when we arrived with no major meltdowns!

The weekend was filled with family, food, and fun. It was in the upper eighties and nineties all weekend - I couldn't have imagined being any place other than the lake! We swam and tried out kayaking - it was so fun! My parents and aunts gushed over Madelyn all weekend! It was so nice to get a little break! I was able to play with Madelyn, feed her, and pass her off so I could have some fun too! It was like vacationing with three nannies!


We had a blast kayaking!

Nanny #1 - Grandma!

Nanny #2 - Grandpa! Thank you both!


Hanging with Daddy! It's bright...let's get some shades!


Much better!


Steve was a pink zebra! He didn't appreciate all of the attention he was getting!


We always look forward to spending time with the McCulloch's! Sweet Delaney having a blast! Madelyn and Delaney are about 6 months apart in age!


I feel like I have spent a lot of time making sure Madelyn is sleeping well and soothing her to sleep does consume a good portion of my time. I was so happy that Madelyn slept well while we were away. There was quite the fireworks show of the 4th and it woke Madelyn....for a moment I thought I'd just put her back to sleep, but then realized baby girl might want to celebrate America's Birthday too! Can you believe she sat and watched the fireworks! It was so cute!


She's spotted the fireworks!





No comments:

Post a Comment