Saturday, August 28, 2010

E-X-H-A-U-S-T-E-D!


Wow! It has been a LONG week and we've been go go go! I may have mentioned this before, but it is so tiring being a working momma. I'm hoping once we get into the swing of things I won't feel like death anymore!

Let me fill you in on the past week! I started work last Friday, and everything went smoothly. My dad arrived bright and early to take care of Madelyn. I left tear free and headed off to work. I spent the day working in my room and unpacking my belongings. The school is 12 years old (READ: beautiful and equipped with everything you could imagine). I have a great work space and tons of therapy materials. The other new teacher, the custodial staff, the secretary, the principal, and myself went out for a fish fry lunch....it was a great way to ease back into work. Everyone was extremely friendly and welcoming. I did well all day being away but as soon as 4pm arrived I raced out the door. My trip home felt like an eternity...partly because I tried a route through the city and it was LONG and because I couldn't stand to be away from my love bug for another minute. Having her in my arms again was THE greatest feeling. She did well with Gramps, and I know she received lots of love.

Saturday all of our family came to town to go to the Brewer game. I was excited to have a night out, but also bummed to leave Madelyn again before what I knew would be a long week. We were celebrating Casey's dad's 60th birthday.


Madelyn and I before we left for the game! Thanks to Kelly and Nate for babysitting for us. Kelly said they had a great night. I'm so thankful for all of her help....she's the only non-grandparent that has watched Madelyn!

The newly engaged couple! Can I tell you how excited I am for them?!? Joe really couldn't have picked a greater woman. I think I need to dedicate a post to explaining how thrilled I am to have Jessica "offically" be a part of our family. She is kind, generous, thoughtful, loving, stylish (hey...it's a good quality too), and she makes my brother so happy...what more could you want.

The Murray clan!


Addison and I spent a lot of time waiting for Bernie Brewer to go down the slide! I wish I had a picture of her excitement when he finally did!

Sunday Madelyn and I headed to Janesville for Danielle's bridal shower.

Then Monday arrived and I was back to work. It was a LONG week (did I mention that?). I had new teacher orientation, school meetings, special education meetings, and open house. I'm not going to lie....I'm nervous and slightly overwhelmed. I don't know how I'm going to do it all. When you're new in a job, I feel like you need to go above and beyond. This is what they are expecting of me. I want to do my job well, but my heart is with Madelyn at home. I keep trying to talk myself out of feeling sorry for myself. I want to remember all that I will be able to provide for Madelyn by working. I keep reminding myself she is going to be in the loving arms of her grandparents. It's just hard when I want her to be in my arms.

My caseload seems diverse and challenging. I feel like I'm being pushed to the edge of my comfort level, but it is good. I am being put into a position where I will be forced to continue to grow and refine my craft. I met some of my students at open house and they seem great. I'm excited....excited and nervous.

No comments:

Post a Comment