Saturday, March 6, 2010

39 weeks, 3 days pregnant!



Will this be the last belly update? Will our baby be born before I hit 40 weeks? Will we know within a few hours or days if we have a son or daughter? It's so exciting!! And at the same time I can't believe it, I have had this baby with me for such a long time now.....it's hard to believe he or she is almost ready to come out and meet the world. I went to bed last night wondering if it would be the night I went into labor. I woke up and said to Casey, "Well looks like I'm still pregnant!" I can't wait to find out when labor will start for me....I always picture it happening at night. I know these thoughts will enter my mind every night as I lay down (and each morning I wake up without our baby)!

Right now my emotions are of complete excitement. I will be patient. I have dreamed my whole life of being a mother....I can wait a few more days (I'm hoping it won't be a few weeks!). I left work on Friday and for the first time, wondered if I would be back Monday morning. In such a short time, I will get to cradle our baby in my arms, look into his or her eyes, and touch the little fingers and toes that have been poking around inside me. I'm still in disbelief...what a miracle new life truly is.

To my little baby, I have thought about you nonstop for the past 9 months. I have pictured what you will look l like, dreamed of who you will become, and loved you unconditionally. I have tried to give you a home where you would grow and develop to a strong and healthy baby.....your time in this home is almost over. But the outside world is eagerly waiting to meet you. We have built you a home here too (and believe me, there's way more space)! No matter how comfy you may be (it's hard for me to believe you're comfortable....come on....you have to be a little cramped for space), it's time to be born!!


1 comment:

  1. aaah! you are SO close! and you look amazing - nothing but belly :)
    I'll be thinking of you a lot in the next few days, praying for a safe, healthy delivery. Can't wait to get the call/text with the good news! Good luck, love you!
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete