Thursday, March 18, 2010

Should I celebrate feeling yucky?!

We are still waiting for the life changing moment that we've dreamed of for the past 10 months. We are still visualizing what it will be like to place our eyes on our baby for the first time. We are still anxiously waiting to know our story. The story we will always cherish. The story we will jump at the chance to share. The story of our first baby.

I've spent the last few days balancing accomplishing at least one productive task (i.e., laundry, buying groceries, running errands), one relaxing activity, and one-two walks with Marley. I've also spent lots of time talking on the phone, emailing friends, and facestalking (hey...I'm being honest). It has been simply beautiful out this week...the sun is shining and it's been in the 50s and 60s. I keep telling the baby if I were him or her I'd love to enter the world on a beautiful day like the ones we've had or the one we're having today!

Since my last doctor's appointment I have had moments of feeling pretty well and moments were I feel pretty crappy. I'm trying to take this discomfort as a good sign that my body is getting things moving. I felt pretty terrible last night actually. I'm experiencing cramping and intense lower back pain. I've had the ice pack and heating pad out quite a bit. I finally have experienced some Braxton-Hicks contractions. I actually was feeling pretty yucky for a few hours last night....I really was thinking it was going to be the night. Alas, I woke up this morning still pregnant.

After visiting the doctor on Monday, I have felt less anxious and more patient. I know in my heart we are doing the right thing by waiting and letting our baby be born when he or she is supposed to be born. I'm hoping the extra time in my womb will provide us with a baby that is more neurologically developed, a baby who learns to nurse easily, and a baby who sleeps well. I know it's asking for a lot, but that's pretty much all that is happening with the baby right now...gaining weight and making neural connections!

I have another doctor's appointment today. I will have the nonstress test done where I'm hooked up to the fetal monitor for 30 minutes. The baby's heart rate will be monitored, and any contractions will be measured. If things look good still, I will be sent home and the waiting game will continue. I'll have until Monday or Tuesday to wait for labor to come on it's own. If Baby Murray still hasn't arrived, the doctor will intervene and I'll be induced. I am really hopeful that the way I've been feeling indicates labor is close. I will continue to be patient, relax, and put my trust in God...it won't be long now!

No comments:

Post a Comment