Friday, March 12, 2010

What will our story be?

I'm waiting to know our story. I'm waiting for labor to begin. I'm waiting to meet our baby. I've been really patient, but it's getting more and more difficult. I've tried to think of different experiences in my life, searching for something that resembles the feeling of anticipating the arrival of your own child. I'm coming up empty. I can't think of anything else that I've experienced that I have wanted so badly, had an estimated day of occurrence, yet spent hours wondering what the experience would be like and when it would happen. Nope.....nothing is like waiting for the birth of your baby.

I'm trying to appreciate these last few hours or days (please not week) of pregnancy. There is nothing like it. The bond I've already created with this tiny being who I've never laid eyes on astounds me. I can not even imagine the amount of love I will feel when I hold the baby for the first time.

Today is the day I pictured our baby being born. I even envisioned cheering on the Badgers in the Big 10 tournament while in labor....(well their first game is in 5 hours)! Time will tell how powerful my mind and visions really were. Regardless, I know it won't be long now. I can't wait to share my story!

No comments:

Post a Comment