Sunday, March 28, 2010

Madelyn is one week old!









Madelyn's first week of life has brought us such joy! Madelyn is such a good baby. She learned to nurse very quickly, and it is my love bug's FAVORITE thing to do. Madelyn and I spend a lot of time rocking in her beautiful nursery...she nursing away....me talking to her about our life nonstop. I could stare at her little face for hours. I've never known a love like this. It is amazing. Madelyn has been an excellent little sleeper for her mommy and daddy so far. She wakes up approximately twice a night to eat and she goes right back to sleep. I wonder if we'll be this lucky from here on out!


My little bean burrito. This sleep sack with swaddler has done the trick for restful nights!


Casey has been everything I could ask for as far as being a father and a doting husband. Watching him with our Maddie girl melts my heart. He has been incredible. He jumped into fatherhood immediately. Because I had a c-section, I regained my movement rather slowly. Casey changed every one of Madelyn's diapers for the first two days of her life.

Even at home we have become quite the team. We've bathed her together. At night, Casey flies out of bed to tend to her cries. He changes her diaper and brings her to me in bed to nurse. At night, Casey will keep her with him after her last feeding to burp and get her into her bassinet allowing me to head to bed by 9am. Then in the morning I get up with Madelyn allowing Casey a few extra hours of sleep. It has been so nice having Casey home with us. He goes back to work tomorrow. We'll miss him won't we Madelyn?!



Madelyn's first bath at home!


Madelyn opens her eyes more and more everyday! I love to see those baby blues! The question is...will they stay blue?!?



No comments:

Post a Comment