I'm 17 weeks pregnant. I can't believe I'm almost half way there. It's still amazing to me. I keep trying to picture what the baby will look like, how it will feel to cradle him or her in my arms, and the tremendous love I will feel. I can't wait!!!
My tummy is just starting to show. People at work who didn't know I am pregnant have started to ask. My clothes are starting to be tight and I have to pick my outfits carefully. Thankfully, Dana is letting me borrow all of her maternity clothes. I'm hoping that I can hold off until next weekend when we are in Janesville to get them. I did buy my first pair of maternity pants from Destination Maternity, a clothing store that also has a studio in it in Brookfield. My friend Katey who is expecting a baby in November invited me to yoga with her. It has been really fun and great to feel like I'm exercising, increasing my flexibility, and preparing for labor all at the same time!! The best part is that the classes are FREE!
In the last week, I have felt little tiny nudges. I'm starting to wonder if that's my little peanut moving around in there. I'm excited to feel the baby move on a daily basis and it will be great when Casey can feel the baby too.
Everything is starting to seem more real. My mom came and we picked out fabric for the nursery. It will serve as the crib skirt, throw pillows, and inspiration for the room's design. Chrissy has offered her expert eye to help me with wall colors and design too. I have the greatest friends. Already my sister in law, Dana, and Darcy have all called to let me know what items they have set aside for me to borrow. The girls have already started talking about throwing me a baby shower in the Wisconsin Dells. Everyday I feel so blessed. I look at my life and feel tremendously lucky!

No comments:
Post a Comment