Sunday, January 14, 2018

Thanksgiving with the Jennings Crew

Christmas came early this year!  We celebrated with my parents, grandparents, and Joe's family at Thanksgiving as we wouldn't be seeing them in December!  It is actually a lot of fun to do this!  It spreads out the gift giving (and receiving) for the kids and allows us to focus on just one side of the family at a time.  We had a lot of fun playing, eating, and relaxing.
James' newest obsession is Pokemon cards.  At first I didn't think I was going to be on board for this one, until I realized, they are small, make virtually no mess, and he loves to flip through his binding looking at them and trading them with friends.  He can talk nonstop about them too.  Mom look at this?  Do you know how much power he has?  Do you think he's cute? He's evolved you know.  Do you know who would trade for him?  Nonstop.  

The girls had a lot of fun together!  There's nothing better than cousins!


Smiling baby girl

We had so much food.  

James is so good with his younger cousins (and sister).  He plays tag with them and runs so slow pretending he can't catch them.  He snuggles.  Ethan gives the greatest hugs!

My parents set up the tent for them in the basement. This is a favorite for Madelyn and James.  They bring in the TV with DVD player and watch their favorites - ofen the movie UP - and eat popcorn.  About half of the time they ending up sleeping in the tent all night.  I'm pretty sure they convince Nana and Papa to sleep in the tent the other half of the time. 

Papa and 4 of his 5 Grandkids

Time for presents.  Ethan loves Elmo and it turns out Caroline does too.  She got Big Bird but really wanted to steal Ethan's stuffed Elmo.  

And his Sesame Street book.

Madelyn got an eraser making kit.  She was excited to try it out with Nana while the little kids napped.  She made an emoji eraser while James made a shark.   

This was the present that hit the mark for James.  

Papa made Taylor an American Girl Doll trundle bed.  It is a present he also made for Madelyn last year.  I think it's a very special gift that will be treasure in years to come!

My grandparents with 5 of their great-grand children.

We went to the Children's Museum in Madison.  It's such a bright and fun spot to play. 

Caroline was intrigued with the fish in the aquarium.

Driving the car.

It's hard to tell unless you are looking for her, but that's Nana up there in the play structure.  Nana said she was afraid!!

Caroline looks like such a big girl here.

Good byes are the hardest.  We had so much fun playing with Taylor and Ethan. 

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays.  I try to celebrate all of my blessings year round - they are abundant and some are rather visible.  When I stop and reflect - I find blessings that are less loud and needy too.  I am grateful for a husband who loves me wholeheartedly and unconditionally, a beautiful home to hold our memories, and more friends than I deserve.  I am lucky to find something to laugh at daily.  The ability to recognize a warm (and even sometimes hot) cup of coffee as joy. Tiny arms that wrap around my legs, neck, and heart frequently to remind me how I am the world for three little people.

No comments:

Post a Comment