Friday, March 3, 2017

Caroline's first week home

Our very first night home was an unrestful one.  You are were happy to sleep being held, Caroline, but as soon as I laid you down in the flat portion of the Pack N Play, you would grunt, whine, and flail about.  I didn't really sleep at all that first night home.  I was coming off good rest at the hospital though, and it wasn't that hard.  You loved to sleep during the day though and literally could sleep through ANYTHING.  I'm talking screaming, kids running, dog barking.  If I don't know already that you could hear, I'd question it!
 James didn't want to hold you in the hospital but he held you our first full day home from the hospital.
 You had a doctor's appointment and had to get your Bilirubin levels checked.  The doctor was amazed by how much weight you had gained already!
 Great Grandma and Great Grandpa came to visit.
 You were given a beautiful quilt that Nana and Great Grandma teamed up to sew together.
 The flash gets Madelyn and Daddy every time!  But daddy and his girls is too sweet not to capture.
 Now James wants to hold you and kiss you all of the time!
 Your first bath at home.  I warmed up the room with a space heater, but you still didn't like it!
 Madelyn loved helping with you.
 Sweet baby cuddles.  I love holding you and snoozing.  You and I turned out to be pretty good sleepers together.
 One week old.
Madelyn loves to be near you (and definitely doesn't want to be left out of a picture, either.)



 Papa spent time with us to help keep James busy and to give you love.  You are blessed to have the very best Grandparents!
 Tiny (long!) toes!
 Your little hand wrapped around my finger.  
 First time in a cloth diaper.  They look huge on you!

No comments:

Post a Comment