Madelyn had a great weekend celebrating her 6th birthday! Whoever said 'The days may be long, but the years are short' hit the nail on the head. I hate, hate, hate to think about 1/3 of her time living with us is already over. It makes me want to cry actually just typing that out. How can that be so? I usually cry at some point near the kids birthdays. It's such a time of celebration and sadness for me. I want to freeze time. I want to make every moment special and well lived. That's impossible, I know. But I definitely don't want to look back with regret that I should have played more and worried about insignificant things less. I'm trying my best, my sweet girl!
Madelyn continues to amaze us with her determination, work ethic, maturity, and bright smile.
For her 6th birthday, she had a few ideas of how to celebrate! We of course started of with presents!
Madelyn had wanted the American Girl Doll Julie more than anything for her birthday! We had her quite fooled that she wasn't getting it! She was beyond thrilled.
She also wanted to get her ears pierced! We went to the mall, and she picked out a pair of earrings and bravely climbed up in the chair! She was a little nervous but was such a trooper. From that day on, she took responsibility for making sure her piercings were cleaned and rotated. She was so proud and excited!
The next stop was to YoFresh! Madelyn and James love it here! They also had quite the time painting their own faces with water colors.
On Sunday, Madelyn had her friends over to celebrate! She wanted a dolphin party! I had to call on my creative juices (and Pinterest) for some ideas to accomplish this one! I loved Madelyn's idea though and can't help but be so proud that she's an animal lover thru and thru!
Madelyn picked out friends from her Kindergarten class and her buddy Harper to come over! They are such a great group of kids!
Back Row: Max, Meadow, Vanessa, Ryann, Harper
James, Ella, Madelyn, Noah, Macy
Melanie
The kids crafted jeweled dolphin art and made Shrinky Dinks in ocean animal shapes. They played dolphin trainers by tossing a ring on an inflatable dolphin, dolphin trainer simon says (which Casey struggled to run! Haha!), and bounced in the bounce house.
Watching the Shrinky Dinks
We did a screening of Dolphin Tail while the kids ate goodies!
Blue chocolate covered popcorn with swedish fish
Goldfish cracker assortment
Fresh fruit
Madelyn wanted a cookie cake (again, a girl after my own heart. I always picked a cookie cake for my birthdays too!)
To my sweet 6 year old,
You'll never know how much I truly love you! I don't think you could until you are a mother yourself some day. I hope you always feel loved by all those around you. I hope you continue to chase your dreams. You're a girl who knows what she wants and the world holds no limits. Keep the friends who lift you up and make you smile! You are so special!
I love you to the moon and back!
Mom

No comments:
Post a Comment