Saturday, June 4, 2016

First time fishermen

My dad took the kids fishing for the first time today. James had been looking forward to it all week! Each morning he would wake up and ask if today was the day! The day Papa was taking him fishing! They headed to Kiwanis' pond with worms and their poles. James caught two little fish (3 inches long or so) and Madelyn had her eye on a 'big guy', but he wasn't biting! 

Papa said James yelled quite a bit and neither were real patient fisherman (big surprises there!), but none the less, they had a awesome time and came home with great excitement about their morning! 

It started raining, but they said they had a great tree covered spot and stayed dry. I couldn't believe their dedication when I was at home watching the rain come down! 

Papa swears there is a fish in this picture! I guess it's such a whopper no one can even see it! 


No comments:

Post a Comment