Monday, December 17, 2012

The Wedding Weekend! Dave and Katie say I do!

Or should I say, "I will".  Only in the movies do they say, "I do." (According to the Canon).  I need to pay attention to this.  Did I say, "I do." or "I will."?  I'm not even certain!

Casey and I spent the weekend celebrating a wonderful friend and her love.  Katie and I have known each other our entire lives and much of our adult lives have been spent talking about what dreams we have achieved and what ones we are still working toward.  Thus, Katie and I have spent a lot of time talking about love and men and all the things that go along with that~
 A little over two years ago, Katie met her match.  Dave and Katie planned an incredibly beautiful and tremendously fun weekend that truly showcased their love.  I was honored and privileged to get to share in it as their matron of honor.

Jay bird made the trip with us too.  It was hard to decide what to do with him.  I'm still nursing and I was worried if I left him he might prematurely wean himself.  Take a nursing strike.  He was such a good little boy on his first road trip!  He spent most of it sleeping. I, on the other hand, spent most of it rehearsing my speech.  I had three editors along for the ride.  God bless them! 

The weekend started out at an amazing cathedral, St. Mark's Episcopal near downtown Minneapolis.  It was stunning.

We then headed to the Bachelor Farmer.  Katie's favorite restaurant.  The ambiance was incredible.  The decor was rustic, shabby chic, and Scandinavian all rolled into one.
The best part of being the Matron of Honor was being able to spend so much time with Katie and Dave.  Their love is obvious, and it was incredible getting to see it up close and personal all weekend. I loved how emotional Dave was.  He teared up practicing his vows and the tears streamed down his face when he saw Katie walk down the isle to him.
 Casey looked so handsome!  It's such a treat for me to see him all dressed up.  It was incredible getting to do grown up things two nights in a row too!
I also adored getting to spend some much time with my girlfriends.  Katie and Dave wanted to maximize their time with all their friends so we headed to the Friday night cocktail reception after the Bachelor Farmer!

Katie was stunning.  Princess like.  She was calm getting ready and enjoyed the day with her closest lady friends!  We were waiting for the bus to come and deliver us to the church!
 The ceremony was perfect.  The music was incredible.  The love pure.  
Minneapolis was unseasonable warm and the couple was able to capture these incredible pictures after the ceremony. O. M. G. Look at them!
The Semple Mansion
We had a delicious dinner, which I scarfed down.  I was a little anxious for my speech.  Mostly, because I wanted it to go so well.  I had one shot to deliver.  I really had spent the last year thinking about what I wanted to say.  I was excited about what I had prepared.  And the crowd said....I delivered!  More importantly, Katie and Dave felt my love for them!

 The face of love!

 And then we partied.  First reasonably.

 And lovingly.

And then more wildly. 

It seriously was the best dance party.  A band kicked off the dancing with a DJ following (who played Gimme that Nut as one of his first song.)  It's hard to say who was better.  They both were exceptional.  The band packed the dance floor, and the DJ was able to spin his songs so that one flowed into the next.  It was a few hours of nonstop dancing.  People literally had sweat dripping off their faces.  He knew his audience.  Late 90s....through 2005 rap.  Done and Done.

 And then they were wed!  

I can't wait to do it again.  I have a few friends who are ladies in waiting with their eyes on the prize.  Horse race is on!

Katie and Dave - we love you!  It was amazing.  Just like you!





No comments:

Post a Comment