Sunday, December 30, 2012
Mama's girl
Madelyn has always been a Mommy's girl. So naturally, when asked it she wanted to stay home or go to the mall, she was all in for shopping. I'm sort of a sucker for those baby blues. Why else would I even consider taking a 2 year old with me to the mall 3 days before Christmas to finish my shopping? Madelyn, "loves, loves, loves" to shop and honestly, she's pretty darn good at the mall. More so, I love her, and I love being with her. Of course, I wanted to finish my shopping. I wanted to find special gifts for those few people left on my list. I wanted to have the time to hum and haw about a purchase if needed. (I'm not an impulse shopper!) Madelyn might have made some of that hard. As I pulled into the mall, I wondered if I should have just left her home.
We had to work in a lunch stop and a potty break, but honestly, I wouldn't have changed one thing about that afternoon! I want my memories to be filled with my family. There's little to no chance that I would have taken a photo of my day out if she were not with me. I probably wouldn't even recall much about Christmas shopping 2012 a year from now, if there wasn't something to make it memorable. She made it that. I know this time in her life is going to pass quickly. They are only babies for a blink of an eye and toddlers for a long pause. If my sweet little girl wants to shop with her mommy, then we will shop!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment