We got a tree and decorated it in early December. I fully expected J to be all over it. It was completely the opposite. Until, I showed it to him weeks later. It was like he didn't even notice it until then.
Sibling love!
I put J in here to I could contain him for a moment! He really liked it and hung out in here for a few minutes!
Day 1 of Christmas - December 22
We opened presents with our family on the 22nd before heading to Janesville!
James received a Cars garage. Madelyn enjoyed it too!
Madelyn received an Aqua Doodle. J like it too.
J was tired after one party. Rest up little boy. We have five more parties to go!
First stop in Janesville was the Jennings' family Christmas
J and his Papa!
Day 2 of Christmas - December 23
The second day of parties took us to Grandma and Grandpa Murray's! J had a major blow out...the worst I've seen which landed him in the tub and pantless before the presents started!
Madelyn was one excited little girl.
J opened his own presents with just a little help!
Addison, Kaitlyn, and Madelyn sport their new hats
Chapstick and Lip Gloss were a big hit with this little girl!
I caught these two snuggling!
And this little girl being grateful! Grandma and Grandpa Murray went above and beyond! There were so many great gifts for the kids and us too.
And then she received, the gift of the year. The ONLY thing Madelyn had asked for was a guitar. I didn't get to see her expression when she saw what was in that paper, but Grandma said she literally was shaking with excitement. It was all over after this. We heard 'Under a Shady Tree' over and over and over again. She wanted to know where her guitar strap was. She talked about how the guitar was just her size and how it matched her dress. She was over the moon.
Day 3 of Christmas - December 24
Madelyn and Papa made their famous waffles for breakfast! Madelyn makes sure they both wear their aprons.
Then it was off to Great Grandma and Grandpa Evenson's where Madelyn started out the party with a concert. Laurie Berkner of course.
It was hilarious. We all stood around singing and dancing with her.
Aunt Jessica and Uncle Joe were home for Christmas from New York. Our visits with them are always so special. Madelyn adores them and they give her so much time and attention.
One of the very best parts of this year's celebration was that it was spread over the course of a few days, so we were really able to spend quality time with all of our family. I am so lucky that my 80 year old + grandparents are still able to host Christmas in their home!
My love!
Great Grandma love! My grandparents kept my cousin Sarah's 2 year old for two days straight. They are pretty amazing!
J loves his manicotti! He had to get to bed before the real eating started!
Christmas Eve fondue party. So fun!
Day 4 of Christmas - December 25!
Santa brought Madelyn a vet kit!
And brought J a dump truck! Notice Papa's new drum in the picture (the oatmeal container). Madelyn joked all weekend that Papa was on the naughty list and wasn't going to get a drum (He wanted to be in her band.) Santa even sent Madelyn and Papa a video. Madelyn was on the nice list. Papa was on the naughty list!
Opening gifts in front of the fire. Love.
My boys!
Nana and Papa got the kids a Lego table. It was a big hit!
The kids woke up before 6 am and I kept them in the bedroom upstairs for as long as I could. J was entertaining himself with the door stopper. I guess that served as a wake up call for Uncle Joe. He didn't complain, but his expression says it all.
Future veterinarian? She also used her kit on James. She would use a tool and either diagnosis him as 'sick' or 'healthy'. He was 'sick' 90% of the time.
Dressed up for our next party! The Murray extend family!
Uncle Trucker hung out with our little J bird for a lot of the night! He won him over with banana bread!
And then my camera battery died!
I am tremendously blessed to be able to share Christmas with all of my family. Each year I think about how someday we will want our kids to wake up at their own home Christmas morning. But then I think about what I potentially would have to give up to make that happen. I'm not sure I'm ready to do that yet. Holidays are about family. All of them!

No comments:
Post a Comment