I always am looking for ways to help my children learn to be kind, generous, and grateful. Working with elementary school children, I see how quickly Christmas can become all about presents. Right now, Madelyn is equally as excited to give a gift as receive one. I want to hold on to this, if it's possible!
I wanted Madelyn to have an Advent project that helped her count down to Christmas, but in a way that did something for others. I came up with '25 Days of Kindness'. My goal was for her to do something for others each day. Simple things. Thoughtful things.
We didn't hit every day and honestly, once we were going with the project, I realize she is still a little young! However, I plan to build it each year!
This year we were 'kind' in the following ways!
- Madelyn visited Great Grandma Damrow and the other residents at Cedar Crest Nursing home in Janesville
- Madelyn donated toys at Goodwill
- We purchased and donated a favorite book of ours, Brown Bear, Brown Bear that will be wrapped and delivered to a child at Children's hospital
- Put money in the Salvation Army kettle
- Made truffles for the nurses who had to work on Christmas with A. Jenny (However, we didn't get them to her! Shoot!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment