Sunday, November 18, 2012

Blonde curls and teeth as white as pearls!

 Madelyn got her first haircut!  I have been at a loss for how to style her hair for some time.  The front of her hair is still growing and rather uneven.  I thought the stylist might encourage me to cut bangs and was relieved that she did not.  Madelyn was a little unsure of the whole process.  She didn't want to wear the cape and was unimpressed with the fire engine after about two minutes.
 Being the good girl that she is, she hung in there and ended up with this beautiful look!
She even got princess sparkles!   I laugh that the stylist said I would be able to tell such a difference after her haircut.  Nope.  Not so much.  Cutting off the 1/2 inch didn't make styling it much different.  I was happy that her curls weren't cut away though!
 Madelyn accompanied me on my dentist visit.  The plan was for her to watch me get my teeth cleaned and then return in a week or two for her own cleaning.  She watched intently, and when I was finished, the hygienist asked to count her teeth.  Before we knew it, she was getting a full cleaning.  I was so impressed with the hygienist.  Madelyn, who is usually a little cautious and shy in new environments, was completely comfortable.  The hygentist played a game with her.  She pretended that she was cleaning away animals.  Right up this little girls alley!  I asked the Dentist if we should start saving for braces now.  He said that her spacing is really good and there's nothing to indicate that she will need them.  Fingers. Crossed!




No comments:

Post a Comment