I'll admit, I think we all were pretty excited to see Laurie Berkner in concert! Madelyn is obsessed which means the rest of us listen to at least on hour of Laurie a day, and I'll confess. The tunes are catchy. I find myself singing them all day long. James enjoyed the show, but it was during nap time. I think he was missing sleeping. Casey ducked out towards the end and let him nap in the car!
I think I was the only Mom who didn't get the memo to dress the kids in Halloween garb! We we were excited none the less! Madelyn did some dancing, but she did a lot of sitting on my lap and taking it all in. I was surprised because she is a dancing machine at home. She imitates all of the dances and motions.
We trick or treated at the zoo!
Goldilocks and Baby bear!
Madelyn was so shy. She said 'trick or treat' and 'thank you' in her tiniest quiet voice. She was pretty pumped about getting candy though!
Jay wore his costume like a champ! The hood was a little big and hung down over his eyes at times. I couldn't help but laugh watching him try to fix it with his hands in his mittens.
Goldilocks and the 3 bears! We read the story every night for the previous three weeks. We were all well prepared! Friends of mine joked that they couldn't believe Casey was willing to wear make-up and a headband. He's a really good sport when it comes to Halloween! I think he enjoys it!
Madelyn and her lion pumpkin!
Madelyn and I also went out trick or treating in our neighborhood on Halloween. The city of Milwaukee has the event on the Sunday before Halloween during the afternoon, so our neighborhood organizes another outing in the evening. People sign up and pass out candy to the kids (and treats for the adults too!). It was really well done. I couldn't believe how many young kids and nice families are in our neighborhood whom I've never met. It made me sad to think we could have been enjoying these friends for the last 7 years and now we are so determined to move. I am hoping to make the best of our last few months here and be more involved in the neighborhood.



No comments:
Post a Comment