Monday, November 26, 2012

9 Months



If I had to pick a time in the first year of life where changes are happening every day, it would be now!  I can't believe how James is growing, learning, and making trouble!

Dear J-bird,

Let me tell you about your 9 month old self!

- You are getting your teeth!  You have your two bottom teeth, and one top tooth has poked through.  You chew on your fist frequently but you have been a trooper!
- You are eating more and more food each day and you are enjoying feeding yourself.  You eat a banana almost daily.  You love sweet potatoes and Happy Baby cereal.  You also are a big fan of cheese (naturally!).  Graham crackers and mac n cheese are also a big hit!  You have put on quite a show.  Papa said that when you decided you were done eating at Whole Foods, you puff out your checks and blow mashed potatoes everywhere. He said you had everyone in laughter! You have all your meals with the family now, and your sister wants to eat whatever you are eating!  She loves giving you food too.  She likes to feed you and is ever so gentle with the spoon.  You usually get very little food off it.  If we don't feed you fast enough, you protest and cry!
- You are sleeping in the crib in your own room!  You sleep all night long from 6pm to 6-7 am.  Life is good little man!  You take two naps and sleep anywhere from 1-3 hours each time.
- You are mobile! You do your own version of 'the worm'.  You get on all fours, rock back and forth, drop your legs, and then thrust your chest forward.  It's hilarious.
- You are into trouble.  Electrical cords and choking hazards are your two favorite things.  I have pulled a rubber stamp and uncooked sweet potato out of your mouth.  Ugh.  I am going to have gray hair before you turn one.
- You open draws.  See above....
- You can be completely happy with someone else, until I walk into the room.  When I get home from work, you cry for me to hold you.  You kick your legs in excitement!  You bury your head into my shoulder.  You snuggle.  My heart melts.
- You are huge!  You are wearing 12-18 month clothes and they aren't going to fit much longer.  We were at the mall and a shopper refused to believe me when I told her you turned 9 months the day before.
- You love bath time.  Madelyn has been teaching you swim lessons (I get in trouble for singing along.  I'm the lifeguard).  You flop on your tummy now and frog kick away.  Keeping you above water isn't always an easy task. (Like I said, you are pretty much always trying to 'off' yourself!!)

James, I love you my sweet baby boy.  You bring me such joy and happiness.  I love staring at your perfection and dreaming of what you will do next and who you will become.  Don't do it too quickly my sweet baby.  I know this time is so short.  In fact, I'd be okay with time slowing down a little.  My life is so much better because you are in it.  Thank you for being you!

xoxo,
 TROUBLE
 Bath time with my duck and frog!
 Madelyn and I repotted plants before the cold weather arrived.  You?  You tried to eat dirt.
 Last picnic of 2012?  It was 60 degrees in November!
 Look how proud you are?  You can find them everywhere too.
 My have you grown!  You could be a football player I think.  We decided we're going the basketball route, though!  Less risk of serious injury says the Momma!
 You have a bruised head a lot these days!!
 Aaaaaahhhhhh!
My beautiful baby boy!


No comments:

Post a Comment