Friday, September 23, 2011

Pink or Blue?


Pink or Blue?
Which cake ball do you choose?

We had our ultrasound this week. There's no greater joy than seeing and hearing that your baby is growing and developing as expected!

Casey and I had decided that we wanted to find out the gender of our baby this time around. We wanted to be able to plan for his or her arrival!

I was a little nervous because my doctor had made the decision in front of me to send me to the hospital for my ultrasound (with a physician) vs. the clinic (with a technician) like I had with Madelyn. Of course, I was happy to have the most trained eyes performing the procedure, but I couldn't help but wonder if my doctor was concerned about something.

At our appointment, I asked the doctor why I was with him. He said there was nothing in my chart to create concern. It could be because I was having a repeat c-section and they wanted to be as specific as possible with my due date. He said if there was a history of birth defects people also usually came to him. I told him about Madelyn's feet (which are now fine), but he said that wouldn't be the case, as that issue doesn't occur until later in pregnancy.

Once he got started, he explained to me each body system he was looking at and gave us the phenominal news that everything looked great.

It was incredible. I was in awe. We were able to see the baby's profile. I don't think this baby looks exactly the same as Madelyn by any means. We were able to see 4D images too which was a first for us. The doctor commented on what a good looking baby we have! :)

Madelyn accompanied us to the appointment. She has been such a good girl at my other appointments; however, she was rather upset today. She wanted me to hold her. Casey tried to explain to her that I couldn't. I could hear him saying, "Mama's busy. She can't hold you right now." She doesn't know what busy means, but she kept repeating it as she cried. "Mama. Busy. Mama. Busy." Awe sweetie...a preview of your future.

The doctor then asked if we wanted to know the sex of the baby. I told him Casey did, and I didn't. I wanted to do a reveal party and find out the gender at the same time as our friends and family. (I ended up doing the reveal party with my co-workers.) The doctor said I was the boss. I asked him if he knew the gender. He then asked if I wanted him to tell me if he knew. I said yes. To which he said, I do know. I couldn't wait then. I needed to know.

We waited until Casey and Madelyn were back in the room. The doctor then announced, "It's a little boy." My eyes instantly filled with tears. Casey beamed. I wish I had taken a picture of his face. It was priceless.


It's a BOY!!!!!!!

Casey called his siblings and parents. We skyped my parents who said that from the smile on Casey's face they knew instantly that it was a boy.

I feel so blessed. Not only is our baby healthy, we get to know the joys of having a son and a daughter. We are beyond lucky. Our family is taking on the shape of both my childhood and Casey's (first born girl, followed by a boy!).

Casey and I both had a feeling the baby was a boy, and so did many other people (or at least that's what they say now that we know. Ha!) Madelyn on the other hand, still thinks she's getting a sister. When we talk about it, she'll say sister. I'll correct her and say, "No, it's a boy baby." To which she'll reply, "No. Girl baby." I don't think she even knows the difference so this is rather comical to me!


No comments:

Post a Comment