I don't like to think of it as an excuse but rather an explanation as to why I haven't updated the blog in three weeks. 1. Oddly, I do not get paid to keep this puppy. I find it just as interesting as many of the blogs I follow; however, the 'boss' of blog world does not. Hmmm.... 2. I went back to work. It consumes me, and when I have free moments, I spend them with my family (or fb stalking). 3. The REAL reason I'm behind....we forgot our camera when we went to Madeline Island. Ugh. It took me this long to get the photos off of Casey's Android. Excuse or explanation? A horse a piece?
So here we go folks, back to the beginning of September. My good friend, Erinn, (you could read about her here) got married to her high school sweetheart on Madeline Island and we made the 6 1/2 hour journey to see her wed.

Erinn made for a gorgeous bride. I LOVED her gown and how she beamed with happiness!

The ceremony and reception were on Lake Superior. BEAUTIFUL. It was the first time I had been to the Apostle Islands. They are incredible. Wisconsin really is a beautiful state.

Sun at our backs, photography no, no. The weather was odd. It was sunny and hot when we arrived. Then, it rained during the ceremony. After the couple exchanged vows, Erinn literally grabbed Artie's arm leading him down the isle, "Let's wrap this up." were her words! A cold front blew in during dinner and we were happy the tent had sides! It was so good to see my friend!

The next day Casey and I hiked at Big Bay State Park. We were bummed it was too windy for kayaking the sea caves. Our hike provided some good views too though.

The water undercut the rock and created cliffs along the shoreline. We saw crazies jumping in!

It was nice to get away with my hubs!
Meanwhile, miss Madelyn was having her first sleepover at her cousins' house! Backing the story up however; we had a rocky start to the weekend as we spent Friday night at my parents' house tending to dogs. Our plan was to leave early Saturday morning. My parents were in London and Mayzie was sick. I mean diarrhea every. where. Sick. She did what a coined the 'poop march' aka poop and march through it tracking it everywhere. It was no fun. I was up most of the night with her. Madelyn did make it to Jenny and Danny's in the morning and had a great weekend of fun!

Swinging at the park!
Aunt Jenny is so good to our sweetie! We are so lucky to have her as Madelyn's aunt and godmother!
Must get this little girl a dolly. Good practice for the new baby.
Swinging with Uncle Danny!
First bike ride!

Food is the way to this girl's heart!

Playing with her cousins and the Nichol's kids. Check out Hank. Crushing?
It was a great weekend! Mayzie survived her illness and is still trying to make 17 years old. She left a lasting memory on Madelyn. Her first actually. We returned to my parents two weeks later and Madelyn kept walking around their house and pointing to the floor saying, "Mayzie poop floor." Over and over and over again. Evidently, it was a traumatic experience for all!

No comments:
Post a Comment