Sunday, October 10, 2010

Indian Summer




This weekend was beautiful. It was unseasonably warm....low 80s, and the tree colors are amazing! We spent as much time as we could enjoying the weather! Casey worked on Saturday so Madelyn and I pounded the pavement! We ran to the farmer's market where I purchased more goodies to make baby food (beets and butternut squash) and the BEST organic garlic. Sadly, running is not coming any easier. I'm pretty sure this is because I'm not putting in the time. I took a hiatus (far too long) from Shred, and I was sore Saturday from my Friday workout. Ugh. My hips and joints STILL are not back to normal. I can't believe what shape I was in at one time. Someday. Please Lord.

Sunday morning we drove down to Apple Holler to enjoy Fall...pumpkins, apples, straw, animals. You get the picture! It was a mad house. We waited in line over 30 minutes just to get tickets into the joint! Madelyn loved the people watching. Our busy body baby was as calm as could be just checking out the peeps. In all honesty, there wasn't too much for a 6 month old baby to do there, but we had fun showing her the animals and posing her for pictures! We had a delicious caramel apple and apple cider while Madelyn had a picnic lunch of peas. She has never had lunch in the great outdoors before and was much more interested in eating straw and grass. It was so much fun. I can't imagine what a blast we'll have when Madelyn is running around!

Hmm...staw. I'm not sure if I like this!

Checking out the goats!


Choo-choo

Apple Holler is fun!

Madelyn is getting so easy. She is happy nearly all of the time, and she has finally discovered the joy of sleeping (READ: she actually falls asleep on her own at bedtime and naptime)! She laughs out loud when we play peek-a-boo and when we smoother her with kisses. Madelyn hit a major milestone this week, one that I've been waiting for and attending to closely. She is producing consonants while babbling! B and M are now in her repertoire. I have a feeling a 'ma-ma' is coming soon!

Madelyn made her first two laps around her play table this morning! It's hilarious how she leads with her head and gets her arms going as momentum to help her little footsies!

No comments:

Post a Comment