Friday, October 22, 2010

Happy Anniversary!

Casey and I had our 2nd anniversary. It's funny to me how people say they can't believe it's been two years already....I feel like it's been so much longer. I feel like we've always been married! We decided to not exchange gifts as we're going to Door County the last weekend in October and plan to celebrate there.

I was having mixed emotions about the weekend plans. So many of our friends were headed to Madison for the Badger/Ohio St. football game. (Ohio State was ranked #1 prior to our upset!). Casey had to work that day and didn't want to go to Madison. While I was bummed that we weren't headed to Madison, I was excited to watch a game with my husband. He has worked almost every Saturday, and I've had trouble finding the chance to dedicate three hours to the couch while Madelyn is awake. So an evening game was quite a treat for both of us! I made an assortment of appetizers to enjoy and waited for Casey to arrive home. I was feeding Madelyn dinner when he called asking me to hide in the nursery. I was on to him immediately....but he wasn't supposed to get me a gift! Have I mentioned how I have the most thoughtful husband??

Casey said that it wasn't an anniversary gift...it was a gift for Sweetest Day. (We've never celebrated Sweetest day before!) He said Madelyn wanted to get me a gift for being the sweetest mommy ever. I thought it was cute and wondered if maybe he picked me up a bouquet of flowers. When he brought out the biggest gift bag stuffed with tissue paper, I was stumped!

Casey bought me a North Face jacket. It's super cute and WARM! It was much needed too. Casey does a great job of listening to me and noticing what I really need. I don't even remember saying to him that I wanted a new coat, and I never mentioned that I wanted a North Face coat. He even put thought into the color. I am so lucky that I have someone who treats me so well.

It's hard for me to imagine loving him more than I did on the day I married him, but I do. I am the luckiest.

No comments:

Post a Comment