Sunday, June 13, 2010

This is a work schedule I could get used to!

My maternity leave came to an end June 8th. However, unlike most working moms, I have summer vacation in addition to my FMLA! So I was going back for 4 and half days of work! 12 weeks off, work ~5 days, 10 weeks off......sounds perfect to me! I really am lucky. There were no tearful goodbyes of dropping Madelyn off at a daycare center. I was a little worried about the bottle situation, but my work is close enough that I could run home and feed her if needed.

My dad has turned into the babysitting pro. He came on Wednesday and Thursday to watch our little love bug. He cracked the code for getting her to take the bottle too. His remedy is rather specific: lay her in her crib, let her roll onto her right shoulder, out of her left eye she will watch the ceiling fan spin, carefully insert the bottle, and she'll chug away!! What ever works, right Grandpa!!

My mom then came on Friday to close out the week. She had a great day with our Maddy girl too! I have to say it was so easy to be at work knowing Madelyn was in the hands of her grandparents.

No comments:

Post a Comment