I came home from running errands tonight to find this message on our chalkboard. Casey and I sure have been asking the baby this question a lot lately! Throughout my entire pregnancy, I have thought about the gender of our little one, but recently this question has been on the forefront of our minds. For the first time, it's really hard that I don't know! I think it's because we are so close to being able to find out....the same way when your vacation is far away it's hard to wait for, but the closer it gets the slower time moves and the more and more you wish it were here. I have a feeling I will be getting more and more impatient as the weeks to the due date dwindle down.
Over the past few weeks, the baby's movement has changed some. While he/she is still quite active in my opinion, it feels like the baby often gets in an awkward position. I compare it to when all 70lbs of Marley crawl into my lap. When he's in the right spot, I actually enjoy holding him. However if his elbow jabs me in the wrong spot, I feel discomfort and immediately move him to a better one! It sure seems like I'm getting a lot of jabs from the baby. I keep reminding him/her that delivery is getting closer with each and every day, and he/she needs to get ready. I frequently tell my baby, "Get in position!" I'm sure this would be very comical if anyone other than Casey heard me! I'm super excited for my next doctor's appointment because she will be checking me to make sure the baby's head is down. While I'm fairly confident it is, I always like to have reassurance. It will be interesting to find out if I'm making any progress toward delivery as well. So far, I really haven't noticed any Braxton-Hicks contractions, so I'll be surprised if she has any news for me in that department!
My body continues to amaze me. It is just incredible to me that if I eat well and rest, my body knows how to grow a baby. It is so CRAZY!! I have been so blessed with a fairly easy pregnancy. My joints were pretty sore the other day, and I wondered if the last month and half were going to be tougher, but it all went away with a little rest. I AM feeling big these days. I didn't realize how big my belly truly is though until I really looked at the pictures. It's a pregnant belly alright! It's amazing to me how people still say things to me like, "You're so small." Just this week someone said, "You just really haven't popped, and maybe you won't." Really....are you seeing what I'm seeing!?!? However, I was asked if I'm having twins today....this is the first time for that one! So I guess some people are seeing what I am.

No comments:
Post a Comment