Monday, December 7, 2009

The Griswolds do Chicago



I mean the Jennings women visit Chicago! I met my mom and my aunts in Chicago for an action packed day. We wanted to shop in the speciality boutiques of Chicago's neighborhoods rather than spend time in the department stores/chains of Michigan Avenue. After assuring my aunts that I knew how to ride the train and that we'd be able to get tickets, we headed out. We ended up in Bucktown.....the shopping wasn't quite what we expected. Picture indoor garage sales.....I guess we were only a few blocks off of our intended destination, but little did we know! I decided that everyone had to find a fun prop to have her picture taken with! My mom and I purchased matching Winter headbands. Aunt Deb went back for one later that day...it was the big find (or should I say only find) of the day!! Although the shopping was a bust, we have some good photos!


Aunt Jo had the prop that pulled her out of the Winter elements!
Isn't this the most comfortable shopping cart you've ever seen?!?!
The owner of the shop laughed at us as he cleaned and positioned the old fashion blow drier for us! I think Aunt Lou would have purchased it if it was for sale! She could be the spokeswoman for the return of this oldie but goodie!

Random blue couch outside a store. They were having some sort of Holiday Bazaar inside. Notice our matching hats?!?!

We had an awesome Mexican dinner followed by lots of laughs at Second City! I would say that overall the day was a success! I went with the intent of spending some quality time with the women in my family and that was easily accomplished! We can laugh about our adventures in the city for years to come, I'm sure!



1 comment:

  1. you're going to think I'm crazy, but I've been checking your blog for updates just about every other day! I love the photos & narrating and most importantly Baby Belly Pictures! Post some new ones soooon!! It's all I have to keep me updated now that I won't be seeing your baby belly in person!
    Seriously, though, you look amazing and I truly enjoy reading your blog. Keep up the good work :-)
    xoxo Ashley

    ReplyDelete