Monday, December 21, 2009

28 weeks pregnant!




I can not believe how quickly time is passing by and how dramatic the changes within me have been! I now am in the last third of my pregnancy. Casey and I have been attending a child birth class once a week and I'm feeling well informed. I've always thought knowledge is power and with it comes confidence. I'm learning a number of different strategies and ways to prepare for what is inevitable involved with being able to meet our baby. Oddly, I'm not afraid. I've always felt that I can accomplish anything with the right amount of determination and preparation. We'll see if childbirth reinforces or denounces this theory.

In many ways, I continue to feel so blessed.
*I have had a remarkably easy pregnancy thus far. I am feeling well, eating normally, and I continue to get a good night's sleep. I have been awaken three times now with serious leg cramps. I've never been much of a cusser or yeller, but sadly I awakened three adults the other night. Thank goodness, Casey has the routine down well now and is at my feet almost immediately stretching my leg! Hopefully, these were isolated incidents and a pattern isn't developing because the cramps are not fun!

*Our baby is growing according to schedule. I often get remarks from people that my belly is so small. I asked the doctor about it, and she said that I am measuring exactly where I should be. She boosted my confidence some when she explained her own theory that people in Wisconsin are not used to thin pregnant women. I think this comment may have been made to compensate for being over an hour late for our appointment.....it worked!

* Finally, I feel the connection between Casey and I has grown in ways you can not imagine until you prepare for the arrival of your own child. I can not wait to see how our relationship deepens and changes as we introduce new members to our family.



No comments:

Post a Comment