Monday, December 21, 2009

Christmas comes a wee bit early!

This year we celebrated Christmas with my parents a little earlier than normal. Joe's girlfriend, Jessica, is from Houston, Texas, and they made the decision to celebrate with her mom on Christmas day this year. Although, it was a little difficult for my mom at first. We all were understanding of the fact that as time goes on, some of our traditions are going to have to bend a little if we all want to celebrate together. We had such a nice day, and in all honesty, it was great not having to run off to another party immediately. My mom made a fabulous meal including rib roast, sea bass (best thing I've eaten in weeks!), mashed potatoes, asparagus, green leafy salad, and hot molten lava cakes for dessert. It was to die for!!

The gift giving has gotten quite extensive as well, mostly due to brother Joe's generosity. I was excited about the gifts we had picked out for my family members, and I think they each were appreciative of their respective gifts. Banana Republic Men's Tall Medium (my brother and husband do not have bodies that are easy to shop for!!) sweater for Joe + gift card, flirty apron (so cute!!) for Jessica, and clothes and a Bose ipod speaker for mom and dad! I am so excited about the gifts we received for our little munchkin! Our CRIB!! A bathtub and a jumperoo! It's all seeming so real!

Reaching far beyond tangible gifts, the greatest gift was being able to spend time with each other. Time with my grandparents. Time with the people that are most important to me. Time to create memories. Sitting around the fireplace, watching the dogs wrestle, the Packer game in the background, and enjoying each other's conversation, is what Christmas is truly all about! I loved every minute of it. And what's even more wonderful is we are heading back to Janesville in two days to do it all over again with more family members!!

The head table had a small growth...aka the card table! We all wanted to be able to sit together!

Grandma and Grandpa enjoying their dessert. I asked Grandma to look up more than once....I guess the dessert was just too good to take a 10 second break :)
Lovebirds! We keep waiting for him to pop the question!!

My parents....what do you say about the people you hold the up most respect, gratitude, and respect for other than.....LOVE!


Casey and I in front of my parents beautiful Christmas tree! Too bad you can't see it beyond my big body!

No comments:

Post a Comment